Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

funny amature wheeling story....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by twoslo4five0, Mar 29, 2007.

1. twoslo4five0

twoslo4five0 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

so today i finnaly got the burb on its wheels with the brakes working....so everyone knows the first thing i wanted to do...check aproach and deparure angles..well my mom lives in a neighborhood but there is like 5 acres of wooded area next door.....there is a big ditch right off the road...i went to pull throgh the ditch and hit it straight on...dumb move...and i also forgot that my 12 inch drop hitch was still on so i got stuck on the hitch...not a problem right throw i 4wd and pull right out..oh yeah no front driveshaft yet...sh$t...so at this time alll the yuppy neighbors that hate me and my junk are outside looking around the truck...i got the jack and through some logs under the tires and pulled out...but i got thoose yuppy neighbors...can anyone say ROOSTER-TAIL!!!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2007
  2. Kyle Strong

Kyle Strong 1/2 ton status

3. broncoman6524

broncoman6524 1/2 ton status

hey man it happens...lol. funny though. i got stuck in my backyard next otmy lake...it was a lwan mower though :)

4. twoslo4five0

yeah first time out and i get it stuck...it just been that kind of week...

5. stevos67k20

stevos67k20 1/2 ton status

ive been in your same situation...i had no front drive shaft due to all the bolts vibrating loose. i was just cruising near my house on a trail next to my street when i decided to get back on the street and go home. here i am waving to neighbors thinking i'm cool and i try to go up this pretty steep but short hill. usually i go up it in 4wheel drive cuz otherwise i would need a good amount of momentum to make it up. for some reason i decide to go slow and consequently slide sideways along the hill into a tree. i cant make it up the hill. the more i try to go up the more i slide (into the tree, at this point i'm cringing at the sound of branches on bedside), so tell my self "well i can just put in 4 wheel drive and get out............crap!" no front drive shaft. i had to back in to tree (even further) scrathing (character marks) my tailgate royally. it sucked :-)

6. twoslo4five0

yeah im gonna wait for a front driveshaft next time...

7. chevy wrangler

chevy wrangler 1/2 ton status

2 words: big hill!!LOL

high centered.JPG

high centered.JPG