Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

funny dealings with 4wheelparts?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by moturbopar, Jan 30, 2006.

1. moturbopar

moturbopar 1/2 ton status

Hi all sorry to rant but my friend ordered a lift kit (full springs 4", shocks, steering arm u bolts for $539 shipped)from 4wheel parts the other day. Told them everything that he needed for his 83 3/4 ton suburban. anyways he specified that he needed the 56 inch long springs. Anyways friday we recieved it and every thing looked good fast shipping well packed untill we measured to make sure the springs were correct! They sent us 52" springs for a 2.5" lift :doah: :doah: . Anyways he called them and told them they sent the wrong springs, they told him that he was incorrect and those are the springs that are supposed to be on his suburban:mad: so after about 1/2 hour of arguing with the guy my friend finally asked to speak with a manager. The manager started saying the same basic thing, and finally he asked us to go out and measure the spring pearches , we did showing them being 58 something inches apart. He said that the shackle is supposed to be angled forward some:rolleyes: So we asked him so are they supposed to be angled all the way forward which is basically what would happen mounting a 52" spring where a 56" is supposed to be. Finally I found the part # for the correct spring on summitracing.com. Gave them the part and the guy said "sorry we were looking at the 1/2 ton stuff. Anyways they are sending out the correct springs and paying for shipping the wrong springs back and the new ones. Hopefully after all this they will send the right ones.:haha:
    Just had to share.

Oh yea, the manager tried passing blame on to my friend for ordering the wrong kit, telling him that he should have specified 3/4 ton suburban! Funny thing is the invoice says 84 3/4 ton suburban with 56" rear springs!:haha:

2. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I can't beleive some people still order from them morons. What did your friend expect?

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Go down a little bit further , west of Extension , south side of the road . See the store there called Desert Rat , they actual wheel their chit , American chit . Go there . This is the location with the guys the CK5 crew in AZ wheels with . When I finally went into Desert Rat ( wife had been the one to always go :thumb: ) they were just good people .

After the whole locker fiasco and them ( 4wp ) wanting me to pay them to remove it for sending back ( book says I remove it and go back ) I am never shopping at 4wp again .

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I sure hope that your friend didn't try to save some money by ordering a Pro Comp lift kit. If so, he'll be selling it soon. They ride like the axles are welded to the frame. :(

5. moturbopar

moturbopar 1/2 ton status

All I can say is my friend is a cheap bastard, That is the only reason why he dealt with them. Heck the 4wheel parts store locally wouldnt even honor their own add:doah: But they say they will beat anyones advertised add price, except there own. Pauly, Desert rat is the only place local I deal with, the people there mostly know what they are talking about. I told my friend he should check them out, but they didnt have anything cheap. I had a 2.5" procomp lift on my 79 blazer(look at avatar), it was pretty flexy, and after a little work it was almost too soft. Looking at the procomp 4" lift it looks like it is going to be much stiffer, but he only wanted it higher not really looking for flex:rolleyes:

6. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

It ain't that stiff , I have 4 inch Pro Comps from before I knew better . Ain't that bad of a ride to me . Its a truck :thumb: