Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Funny GMAC story. ADAM'S PHONE NUMBER POSTED

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by colbystephens, Jan 31, 2006.

?

what should i do?

1. post up his # so you all can tell me stories.

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. call customer service and "embellish" the story.

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. look at "public record" and get his info and call him

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. post up his # so you can call him and tell him you're nekkid.

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

so i got a call today from GMAC asking for a relative of mine regarding a vehicle which needs payment. This relative lives a few hundred miles away from me, and has never even set foot inside my place. Anyway, i call the guy back, we'll call him Adam (for sake of using his name), and told the guy that who he was looking for didn't live here and that i would appreciate it if he never called me again. Ofcourse he didn't believe me, assuming i was my relative using a fake name. so we got into this bantering thing. it turned into a great deal of fun for me.

so i asked him where he gets his info for tracking - why is he calling here. he said it was all legal public record, which is understandable. Still, i'm not the guy he's looking for, and it's none of my business. Thus, I'm not going to pass on any info to Adam regarding it. So we talk some more. He asks me to call my relative and pass on his message to him. I said to him, "why are you trying to have me do your job?" He said, "so what, do you want some of the commission?" I said, "yeah, that'd be great. Call here every day if you want, and send me money!" So he says if I call my relative he'll send me a couple visa gift cards. I just laughed. So we kept talking. Dude's starting to get pissed now. In the end I asked him what his phone number was. He proceeded to give me his business phone, so i said, "no, your home phone." He says, "Why, do I owe you money? My brand new (penis) truck is all payed for." (parenthasis mine). So I said, "Do i owe you any money? my truck is payed for too." So as i started to ask him for his sister's phone number, he got super pissed, yelled at me that he's not going to play these games with me and that he'll just be calling me every day until my relative pays or they take his car and then hung up on me.

So, here's my debate. Should i call customer service and embellish the story just to screw with him because it's funny? Or should i give you guys his phone # and ext. and you can start calling him and then post up your stories. :D

Last edited: Feb 1, 2006
  2. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

Nah, just call customer service and sweeten up the story and mess with him that way. I don't really want to be party to a practical joke like this. You can still post up his number and ext. I'm just not going to be playing along.

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Customer service...without embellishing anything too much. Unless he can furnish proof that your relative lives at your house he has no business calling and harrassing you.

Rene

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Call your attorney generals office they will hand him his ass if he calls you even one more time, just ask my wife how that works, god I love it when someone pisses her off...hehehehe

5. colbystephens

tell me more! that sounds interesting. :)

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Some clown called here a few times looking for my nephew, he owed them money. The wife works from home so she got most of the calls and then the asshat got pushy with her, so she schooled their asses, they cannot call you more than once unless you are the person that owes the debt.The laws may be abit different across the river but i bet there not.The attorney general even sent my wife a letter that stated the callers were repremanded and the company was fined.I don't blame people for trying to get their money but harassment don't fly with me...Plus my wife can be a vindictive bitch and I love it...:D

7. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Post up his # :whistle:

8. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

I wonder how raging mad Mr. Clown got when he was reprimanded? I bet he broke some stuff.

9. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

The fact that they took the time to send us a letter stating that they fined and repremanded them was sweet enough...

10. colbystephens

hmm. i'm still debating what to do. i got another idea tho, that i think i could have some fun with - though i'm not sure how legal it is. i figure it is legal if it's all done using public record - as he claims my info was found. anyway - i was thinking someone on here has gotta have connections and could find his home # and family - i could call his family from pay phones and ask them to send me the money that he owes me for his penis truck. ;) kinda like that kid on pirate. :D seeing this written out makes me think the attorney general idea would be better. i think i'll keep waiting for more of your opinions, but i think if he calls again tomorrow like he threatened - i'll definitely have to screw with him. especially since my relative paid GMAC yesterday at, conveniently, the same time i was talking to him.

11. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Call him 3 or 4 times a day just to chat. Post his # and I will. Bill collectors can be fun.:D

12. colbystephens

just for the record, if the number were to be posted, you all must take an oath on the brotherhood of ck5 not to directly include me or my fam in the calls you make. :D if you want to reference stuff - that's cool, just nothing by my name or directly. you can get him wondering, if you like, just nothing that would have him realize that this may truly be because of me. :D that is, ofcourse, if i post his #.

13. colbystephens

Inu-Hanyou1776 - why do you want some other dude's ears? and who the heck is that other dude? does he know you want his ears?

14. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

PM's keep things nice and quiet. ;)

15. colbystephens

16. colbystephens

ok, cbbr, my wife pursuaded me to go ahead and pm you. we'll start there - i still need a bit of persuation from the rest of you to get to the end result. ;)

17. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

dude you found a great woman! shes beautiful, works on truck, and gets back at the bill collectors, dude shes too cool! i wouldnt want to piss her off though:D be careful because they often (almost always) record those calls for training. that could come back to bite you in the ass later on. remember though, this is his job, not his fault he has to call you. yes he may have been short with you but how many asshats do you think he talks to in a day?:rolleyes: granted thats not an excuse but i dont think he deserves harassment. now if he continues to call id try the proper channels. if that didnt work then its time to get your hands dirty. theres absolutley no reason to sink to their level

18. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I'll take his name and number in a pm :D . I promise to keep it PG 13 rated and will report back with my findings.

19. colbystephens

you've got a good point. i would hate his job too. however, he doesn't have to do it. :D still - he handled the situation pretty bad (i didn't really instigate all of the trouble ;))

20. colbystephens

:haha: :haha: :haha: i can't believe this. i'm getting orders for his phone number! maybe i should start charging. :D pm will be sent.