Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Funny noise at 50 mph

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JDELBLAZ, May 11, 2000.

1. JDELBLAZ

JDELBLAZ 1/2 ton status

well im stumped with this one and need help when im on the highway doin about 50 with the throttle pressed no noise but as soon as i let off the throttle it makes a load growning noise press the throttle again and its gone you get the picture and dont tell me keep it flored or somthin like that lol your help would be great thanx in advance

2. MA87K5

MA87K5 1/2 ton status

Could it be your rear gears? Check them by jacking the rear and running the truck just like on the road. I had a similar noise but it was constant. It turned out to be the rear pinion bearing. Block the front tires too. Hope it isn't an expensive fix.

3. JDELBLAZ

JDELBLAZ 1/2 ton status

sorry i forgot to mention the noise is in the front

4. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

What year K5?, what engine,tranny,transfer case?
    If NP203(full time) you might check your front spindle bearings. These would be the needle bearings that your stub axles ride on just outside of the steering knuckles. Or your ring and pinion gears.

Mud is just thick water, or is it that water is just thin mud?

5. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i just had the same prob...it was buggin me for about 6 months....it ended up being my drive shaft angle being too much...check your drive shaft first....i ended up havin to put a drive shaft with a cv joint in it....not one noise now =-)
    Chaz

"whoo my new pic is on the photo page...check it out!!"