Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

funny noise

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KENNY, Aug 30, 2001.

1. KENNY

KENNY 1/2 ton status

I put up a post a while back about getting rear ended. a couple of days went by and now i'm hearing a funny noise from the passenger side firewall or underneath can't pin point. it's like a creaking loose floorboard noise. I checked the frame and could not find any cracks, my body mounts are rusted but they were like that before. any ideas what i should look for or do. I'm trying to get estimate of damage but since my body damage is minimal (you should have seen his car) trying to be sure all damage befor giving estimate to his insurance. thanks

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Perhaps the shock of the impact loosened an exhaust bracket........Does the sound happen all the time, or just at acceleration? Give us a little bit more info...........

<font color=blue> MEAN DAD WITH TWO BAD KIDS<font color=blue>

3. SWAMPRNR

SWAMPRNR 1/2 ton status

Check the body at the mounts below the door area. mine broke and the body mount hid the crack. Took me weeks to find the noise. It was a popping noise sometimes sounded like something knocking on the floor pannel.

A BIG HAMMER CAN FIX ANYTHING.. [​IMG]

4. KENNY

KENNY 1/2 ton status

it only happens at low speeds when the right wheel hits even the smallest bump.

5. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Could it be a broken shock mount?

<font color=purple>//////
    <a target="_blank" href=http://blazer79.freeyellow.com>blazer79.freeyellow.com</a></font color=purple><font color=black>
    Soon a 454 K5!!</font color=black>
    [​IMG]