Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Funny pic

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by laketex, Dec 4, 2002.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

[​IMG]

2. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

That's about right.

John

3. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif That's good. A friend and I used to go to the one they used to set up by our high school and see how fast we could make it say. My S-10 could never break 90, but our friend's BMW hit 120 on it!

4. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

had one of them in town the other day. We got out of the car to see how fast we could run or throw things. Pretty entertaining. I can run 18 mph an dmy buddy can run 19!

5. BigBluOx

BigBluOx 1/2 ton status

What's really fun is to see if it will 'miss' you and read zero... How non-reflective can you be? /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Jon /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

6. Suffergauge

Suffergauge 1/2 ton status

What is really funny is that those have cameras in them. When you are speeding, it takes a picture of you driving you car... speeding. Then they send you a ticket in the mail with a copy of that picture. Funny huh? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

7. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

nice, i used to have a pic of me doing 55 in a 25 in a solar powered car, its really long, one small seat and a huge solar array on the back...
    when i'd give tours of the car and people would ask how fast it'd go i'd pull the picture out and amaze them...

8. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Let them take a pic and send you a speeding tick in the mail. Then you take a pic of the cash for the ticket and send that picture back to the police department.

9. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

that reminds me of the crime of the century in my little town........
    according to the police report there was a mob vandalizing one on those speed limit checker thingys. every cops in about 30 miles went full sirens to the scene of the crime. after countless interviews, days of investigation, and one arrest/interigation, the true nature of the crime was disoverd: 3 fourth grades seeing how fast they could get their mountain bikes going past the sign. small town cops, what are you gonna do?!?!?!?!?! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

11. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Then you take a pic of the cash for the ticket and send that picture back to the police department.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty funny!!

12. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Then the cops send you pictures of handcuffs....LOL

13. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

What's really fun is to see if it will 'miss' you and read zero... How non-reflective can you be?

[/ QUOTE ] [​IMG] i'm not very reflective. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

not true for me... i heard that they use those to get a general idea of the speed people drive and adjust the speed limit accordingly, so i always speed by those... no ticket yet!!! (i don't know what to believe so don't flame me, it's just fun and no ticket, and i only go 5-10 MPH over)

15. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

Here in CA, they use them to "poll" the "Average" speed of a street. It also "certifies" the street for radar. This way, if the radar ticket is challenged, and the street is certified as being radar capable (or something) then you lose the court case!

Hence, SOME PEOPLE have gone by our speed checkers at twice the speed limit (45) as much as possible.

Sometimes they will change the speed limit on the street to reflect the normal traffic flow!

16. johnnieg

johnnieg 1/2 ton status

Since Pete AFB is so close, I thought it would be cool to "borrow" a couple gallons of that crazy stealth paint and fly past a cop. Since he has nothing on radar, he has no grounds for giving you a ticket /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

17. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

They don't have camera's in those things.... they'd have to post a sign if they do, just like at intersections if they have them up. If that were true I'd be getting tickets weekly... /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

18. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

some of them do have cameras, but you are right they have to have a sign saying it. they are also a lot bigger. the trailer that is. we had one here on the way to my second job. they used it for a few weeks on both sides of the street. then a few days after they took it down they had cops in the parking lot left and right pulling people over. kinda like "lees check this street and give them a warning of our presence, then if they dont learn make them learn"
    i know i have slowed down a bit in tht area. for now.
    Grant

19. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Since he has nothing on radar, he has no grounds for giving you a ticket

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true. I can "estimate" your speed based on my "training and experience. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif" On every speeding ticket I write, I put my estimated speed and the Radar confirmed speed, thus establishing a track record /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif of accurate estimation. (I swear to God this is true in Wyoming at least.)

I know a guy that has one of those Radar Jammers, I can always tell when he is driving towards me because my radar says his speed is 888mph. One day I am going to write him a ticket for $1686.00 ($30.00 for the citation plus $2.00 for every mile per hour over the speed limit of 65mph.) /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

20. JAXSTER

JAXSTER 1/2 ton status

only if you use a lic plate! /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif