Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Funny ricer....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jagged, May 20, 2006.

1. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

[​IMG]

2. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The engine is maxed out at 90 MPH, and he is looking at the speedo in amazement because he thinks this is fast.

[​IMG]

3. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

"He's probably got $100,000 under the hood of that 2000!"

I hate FNF for what it did to car culture....

4. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

My thoughts on that are that their are two car cultures, The Muscle cars, and the Ricer. Now dont get me wrong I am well aware of what some of those imports can do. Nissan Skylines and such. Although the Vtec running around with primered ground effects and bumble bee except just make me smirk at how ridiculous they are.

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

if a guy wants to build an import into a race car... I have no problem with that. Some Japanese designed engines are pretty amazing considering their size.... also, the cars are (relative to an old American muscle car) very light. No reason you shouldn't be able to really zip around in one. What I think is lame though is when the 1st ten mods (you know, the big wing, the $5000 stereo, the fart can muffler, the silly body mods etc) don't make the car 1mph faster. In fact, they probably make its 1/4 mile time slower. Thats just stupid. If you are building it to be fast... do so. If you are building a show car... do so.... but don't say you're building for speed and dump all your coin into bling.

j

6. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Very true. A friend of mine from highschool has a 3000GT pushing 600 horse and will pull 140 very easily. Some very high tech stuff in it that just makes my head spin. It has a modest stereo in it, sounds good but doest add a bunch of weight, it also runs off of a seperate power sorce then the engine management system so it doest draw power when it hits.

other then that the only bling are a wheel and tire combo. Its a very quick little car, I think the only thing around here that would give it a run for its money is an old Super Bee, another friends dad has. It either has a 440 or a Hemi in it I can remember

7. 1-ton

I would consider one of those 3000GT-VR-4 more of an exotic. How does a kid from high shcool afford a $70,000 car?

8. midnitewarya

midnitewarya Sounds like a problem for future me. Premium Member

The same way I made my millions, Professional Bass Fishing. There is some serious coin on the pro fishing circuit.

9. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

My soon to be brother in law has a Vr-4 he paid like 6000 for it na d it was pretty low mileage i don't thinks those cars were more than 35,000 new

10. 1-ton

I went to this web site http://www.cjbyron.com/3000GT.htm, and they say a 3000GT-VR-4 Base model was about a $50,000 car. Once you make it into a Twin Turbo, in order to make the big numbers quoted in this post, you are talking $70,000. I am sure there is some deppreciation, but not in the Tens of Thousands of dollars (unless the car is a beat pile of junk).

11. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

No it's pretty nice actually it's not twin turbo . I know a guy here in Alamogordo who does alot of stuff with stealths and 3000 gt's http://www.dynamicracing.com/customer/home.php he actually broke the 1/4 mile record for these cars he buys and sells alot of these cars he also has a 13 second Powerstroke Excursion and a New Caddy CTS-V pretty cool stuff

12. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

What year it is im not sure, but I know its a twin turbo, He got it for 16 or 18000 if I recall correctly, Its kind of always been in the back of my head that something is fubared with that car but nothing has broke on it yet. Brady was out driving it a bit yesterday...damn that car launchs hard. With the 4wd ya know, I told him he needs to take it down to scribner.

13. 84blazin

84blazin 1/2 ton status

*waits to get flamed*

I hate body kits and wings and fart cans. But I do like imports that are clean. Thats what Im trying to do with my 90 accord. There's rice and then theres nice.

Kids that watch FnF and do crappy work on their cars give the import scene a bad rep. My car looks like a regular granny car but when a ricer pulls up and starts revving his crap i can put most of them away.

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm no fan of the ricer. I see nothing wrong with any car, be it domestic or import. But when some idjet bolts a 4 foot wing on the trunk of a front wheel drive car, I just have too shake my head. Or some know nothing kid tries too tell me how fast his HaHaHonda is, that it can beat any Domestic V8 powered car, I can't help but laugh at his 4-door ricer with that huge wing, and fart muffler and everything under the hood is stock except for the K&N air filter, LOL.

15. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

He should be able to do a lot more than 140 (on paper anyway).....my lowly 212HP 911 is good for 149MPH.

Having the power to do it is one thing.... the suspension and aerodynamics are a huge part of it too. I was a LOT more scared trying to do 100MPH in my old Honda CRX than I was doing 140 in the Porsche.

16. smalltruckbigcid

smalltruckbigcid 1/2 ton status

I'm following Greg here, my 300hp vette would do 144 when I thought about the ticket I could get. But damm it was fun.
    George

17. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

I have run in "high speed driving events" sponsered by Porsche and have run with various car makes and models..they all have their weak and stong points.

One of the cars that impressed me on the track was a stock Mazda RX-7 Twin Turbo rotary. There was a guy that had one and the only modification he made was to take a hot needle and make some 'Extra" holes in the waste gate signal bleed valve, this caused the gate to pop off at a higher boost pressure.The car under full boost sounded awesome.
    He simply removed the modified valve and installed the original valve when the car needed warrenty repairs.

One of the worst cars I saw at the track was the Viper--Understeering to the max !! Saw more than one take an "off-road excursion" when pushed hard into a turn...

18. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

I've seen regular 3000GT's going for less that 10k in great shape. If this retard kid up the street from me in SA was able to get his parents to buy him one, they aren't going for a gross amount.

Kelley blue book shows a 96 3000GT VR-4 with average miles in good condition is going for $9,700.

19. 1-ton

I agree with that. I had a 1970 SS Chevelle 396 (402) with about 380 HP. I was only able to get that thing up to about 130 MPH before it got too scary. The old arodynamics and soft suspension made the car get a lot of air under it, and want to take off. But even at 130 MPH, I was still at only 3/4 throttle.

20. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

:haha: HAHA are you serious? maybe a car like the one he is refering to has that much money into it aftermarket wise, but the vr4's are a dime a dozen just like any other little ricer you want to buy with exception to post 92' mazda rx7s'. Anyways, no definitely not a high dollar "exotic", more like a budget beater in stock trim, heck even the stock turbo equiped models around here are $6-10k tops. Anything can be made fast with money. I love all cars, imports, domestics, what have you. I do not like ricers, I like imports, but there is a difference between a ricer and an import. The bling complex that was earlier mentioned I believe draws the line nicely. Haha if you want a 70k exotic car, try out the new 2006 chevy c6z06 corvette, 427 cubic inch small block, 500+rwhp stock(very detuned for emissions I might add), 3k# curb weight.........*drool*...........trust me, that car will give you a damn hardon if your after a $70k sports car. But if you like that, just wait til 2010:eek1: :wink1:
    Thats when the gloves come off!!

Remington