Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Funny story about a bomb sniffing dog.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Derf00, Sep 16, 2002.

1. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

I am in the Electrical Contracting business in Abilene, TX. We do a lot of work at Dyess, AFB. Sept 12, two of my guys driving a service truck were stopped at the contractors entrance and told their vehicle would be searched. When this occurs you have to open the glove box, all tool bins and tool boxes and then step away from the truck while the dog "sniffs out," the truck. The dog jumped into the back of the truck did a quick circle then out, around the truck and then jumped into the cab. The dog "alearted," almost immediately and went to digging around the floor console. His handler started asking him what he had, and went into a very "offical" mode. The dog jumped out of the cab happily chewing on a McDonalds hash brown.

The "red faced," handler told my guys they could proceed onto the base. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Hope they replaced the poor man's hash brown! I would be pissed /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

3. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

I used to train dogs with the schuzhund training.
    We had one dog who was a retired police dog who was "Over-trained". Bomb dogs are supposed to point at the bomb. Drug dogs are supposed to jump on the drugs. Argus got the bloody procedures backwards /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif He would jump on the bomb and point at the drugs, which was really funny watching him try to point at a running guy with dummy drugs /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif