Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

funny thing happened while i was on the phone...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bryguy00b, Jan 21, 2003.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

k...so i pick up the phone ot call about an 88 s-15 jimmy i see in the swap sheet for 500 bucks..start asking about it...then the guy is telling me about all these other cars hes got forsale. Lives i Holley...and after a few minuts it dawned on me..."your name marty by any chance" i asked...he goes yea...i go..i bought my blazer from you!! lol..no kiddin!! that was kinda funny..but he had already sold the jimmy...but i was telling him how i got the blazer running but was selling it now...just thought that was kind of ironic...

2. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I called a guy about a blazer in an add and talked to him for about 10 minutes and was ready deal cash and then he said the 4.3lt would have to be rebuilt /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    We talked about tires, body, tailgates, 700r4 tranny how much he wanted and I was on my way! till he said 4.3lt /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif
    DAMN! A running 88 and parts 87 for $1000 both 4x4 and good bodies, I knew it was too good to be true! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I got caught by that before too. Blazer 4x4, good body bad engine $300. Turned out to be an s10. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

oh that had to suck! lol..well i might go check out a 88 k5 this weekend..says the body is good but for the tailgate...but the truck has not been run in a while...so i dunno...