Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

furd 57' vs. chevy 63" compared to 56" chevy springs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stevos67k20, Dec 16, 2006.

1. stevos67k20

stevos67k20 1/2 ton status

what are the center pin location compares to the 56ers? i want 4" of lift and softer springs than my 4"skyjackers on my long bed. what would i have to do to achive 4" of lift with stock 63" besides moving the spring mounts an adding a shackle flip? would i need a longer shackle? zero rate? i have searched many many 63" springs posts and they dont mention how much lift they are getting with them.

if i want the soft 57 furd springs whould i have to relocate the springs mounts to retain stock centerpin location? do they have overload springs?

basically my goal is to have soft springs and good shocks for a pleasant ride on and off road. my 3/4 lift springs arent cutting it, they are way to stiff....thanks in advance.

2. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

your not going to really get any lift from a 63 in spring. if you push the hangers forward and backwards, even though the front hanger hanges lower on the frame then its original posistion the extra flex offsets the lower mounting posistion on the frame. easiest way to get lift is a shackle flip with 63 springs. lift springs will give you lift but a stiff ride.

3. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

ive got a shackle flip and lifted 64's and it really does ride smooth. eventhough the 64's are lifted, they are still pretty flat since they are so long. i relocated both hangers so that the axle is only moved back 2.5". the shackle flip really sets up ur pinion angle nicely