Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Furd blue oval on a Blazer?!?!!?!?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Zeus33rd, Oct 26, 2002.

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

I was just checkin out some info on the "Springer Suspension" on www.springersuspensions.com. And I found this picture.....
    [​IMG]
    Also notice the CK5 sticker....
    /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    Marv.....Me thinks you got some explainin to do! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. edman87

edman87 Registered Member

What the? is that even safe?

3. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

The suspension set up is pretty bad ass....Works awesome. I've seen it in action on a club members truck. Actually I think 2 guys in Nor Cal Big Dawgs are running the Springer set-up.......But a FORD emblem on a BLAZER!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

THAT is frizzelfry's rig , he Put it on there cuz he worked at a foerd stealership and they always bugged him so he stuck it in there I THINK THATS IT BUT IM NOT SURE /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Yeah it's a hell of a lot safer than revolver shackles and works a lot better. Go to Marv's site and see his system. If you want max flex without going coilover$ then Marvs set up is one of the best set ups.
    Welcome to CK5 Please fill out your Bio.

6. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Thats nothing. A local guy in town runs a wrecker business and is 100% pure Chevy man.
    He bought a Ford roll-back and when he got it to the shop, he went straight to the "emblem wall" and removed a bow-tie emblem. He took the bow-tie emblem over to the truck and fitted it over the Ford emblem. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Now he has everyone doing double-takes and asking "WTF?" /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I use to run and Izusu Grill badge on Dollar. People would always ask what the truck was (no othr badging on the whole truck except for GMC on the steering wheel) . My story was the GM use to rebadge Izusu's a Chevy's and this was a truck from Japan that was Rebadged as a Izusu. People bought it too!

8. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Amazing what some people will believe in! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Jeff427

Jeff427 1/2 ton status

Yeah, that is Frizzlefry's K5. I believe he is no longer running the K5 body, and now has a Chevy truck body, and it seems like it has a Ford motor and tranny in it now /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif. I think it is cool. Why be brand loyal??? Chevrolet, Ford and Chrysler don't give a crap about anything but the bottom line, so brand loyalty means <font color="red">nothing</font color>!

10. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Ahhh, Frizz does not run a Ford drivetrain. He just tossed the K5body fer a cab and homemade bed. Sure is easy to see the rear tires out the back window!
    Sweet Rig! He even has a welder now, good buddy to take with you when wheelin! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Jeff427

Jeff427 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Ahhh, Frizz does not run a Ford drivetrain.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Thank for the correction, Burt. I thought I saw Frizz post something to that effect, but I was not sure /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif.

12. 85HeartBurb

85HeartBurb 1/2 ton status

there was a guy in the mini rubicon at hollister last year with a flat bed chevy but he took the bowtie off the grill and stuck a blue oval there??!!??! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif