Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Furd D60, how much is it worth??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by arq, Aug 11, 2002.

1. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

subjet says it all. it has 3.42 gear ratio, from a 78 crewcab.
    ARQ.

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

spring perches have to be moved to fit a ford in a chevy? i know i need a left hand drop T-case...
    ill give ya five for it...
    no really i am interested...
    grant /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

3. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

super cab dude get it right , a lil too hott hhuh ? id say 750 bucks /forums/images/icons/wink.gif bwahahaaha what a job !

4. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

If I'm not mistaken, you could get a D60 front or rear in a Ford those years. Which are you asking about? Hmmm, or did Ford have TTB then? Oh well, I'm no Ford expert...

5. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Solid front, '80 was the first TTB. It is also close to Chevy frame width, when they switched back to solid was when the frame was wider.

6. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

7. bigjbear

...using a Ford x-fer case, of course. This axle is the best way to get a hi-pinon at a reasonable cost.

8. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

it's a front d60, so you're saying that the F@rd Transfercase + f*rd high pinion D60 would be worth a bit more??

Andy, you ready to get some more sun shine /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

ARQ.

9. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

The Furd '78 and '79 Dana 60's have the same perch width as a '73 and up Blazer. You need, either the mounting hardware for the driver's side from the Furd, or you need to modify the axle (not sure how but some people have done it) to get it in. I still have not got that far with mine. You will also need (as a few people have mentioned already) a driver side drop transfer case. I paid $750 for mine and that included $150 shipping. But it needed a lot of work. I had to replace all the seals and bearings on one side and I did the rest because it a good idea.

If you are selling it you could easily get more than $750 (not including shipping) with a little patience and definately if you rebuid it. If you just want to buy it $750 is not a bad price even if you need to rebuild it. But again, with a little patience and a lot of looking, you should be able to find one for less.

10. bigjbear

The ford x-fer case is usually worth less. The front 60 you are talking about is worth a little more. The later model ford 60 fronts are worth less because they use balljoints and don't fit Chevys. Remember, It is only worth what the buyer & seller agree on.

11. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

The Ford 205 is valuable because it will have the fat 32 spline front output shaft that many people use to upgrade a GM 205. It may also already have a 1350 yoke on the rear that is a direct bolt up for any 205 with a fixed rear yoke (as well as also fitting the same fat front output shaft).

Any Ford king pin style D60 is very valuable because they are high pinion. In my opinion, the 78 & 79 Ford D60 are the most valuable (of the Fords) because the are the right width for a Chevy frame and that width housing was only in production for 2 years.

Where I live on the gulf coast the t-case would sell for about $150 - $250 and the axle would go for about $800 - $1000.

12. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

my buddy just paid 1400 for his, and he stills needs to put a tie rod on it, plus it was in pieces, also had to replace the trunion assembly

Around here those 78-79 ford d60s are hard to come by,