Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Furd idiot

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

So my hillbillie neighbor's Furd Ranger craps out on him at the bottem of the hill. I can hear him trying too start it. It has pleanty of batt power too keep turning it over, so what does he do ?? Get's someone too give him a jump. I'm been watching him try too figure out why it won't start, LOL. I would go down and offer too help, but this is one of those I know more about everything then you people, so it's way more fun watching.

2. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

Yeah, Ive seen plenty of situations like that. When I worked at Trak Auto, a customer came in and said his car wouldnt start. The starter worked, but it wouldnt fire. I came out and saw that his main fuse was blown. I said nothing would work until that fuse was replaced. It was a special size we didnt have, so he hould have to go to the dealer in the morning and get it. When I closed up the store and walked out to my car, he was still there, but now with a buddy's conversion van and a set of jumper cables. I told him it wouldnt work, the fuse needs replacement, and your battery is fine. He said "dont worry, is has a VORTEC engine."

I ended up jumping it with a paperclip and told him to go home.

3. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

nice of you to jump it, even though he didnt want help :bow:

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Roadside assistance..

I came upon a lady in a stalled Ford Falcon years ago on the side of the road--another lady had pulled over to assist her--I thought I'd be a good samaritin and see if I could help..

I get out of my car,and the other lady "helper" is dousing all the spark plug wires,distributor cap and coil with STARTING FLUID!! :eek1: :eek1: --I said WHAT are you doing???--she replied "I'm going to jump start her car!!"...I said "I dont think its a good idea to be making any sparks with those jumper cables Ma'am!",and I warned the owner not to crank the engine for at least 10 minites either!..the other lady became very indignant,and says "Young man!!--I went to a course at night school at the vocational school on how to start a stalled car!--don't tell ME I don't know what I'm doing! :mad: ".....So I said,"OK- :surepal: -just wait until I'm at least 200 ft away from here before you crank it"--the owner of the car's eyes were like :eek1: --"IS MY Car going to blow up???"....

In my best Bugs Bunny voice I said "Meah,could BE!"..ad I hurried back to my car!..as I drove away,I saw the "expert" reach in and turn the key--and flames shot out from under the hood with a big WHOOOF!-(the ditz had sprayed even MORE ether as I was leaving! :haha: :haha: :bow: :bow: --I drove away and I dont think I've laughed that hard ever since that day! :haha: :haha: :rotfl: :rotfl:

5. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

hey diesel you got the best stories. I always enjoy reading your posts.
    The other day I watched some people try and change a tire infront of my dorm. I offered to help when I noticed they couldnt get the lugnuts off(turnin them the wrong way) and they had the jack in the middle of the car and tried to jack up the whole passenger side. They turned me down obviously. I took them about an hour to change one tire. Stupid frat boys.

6. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

And they wonder why i don't start working on anything till the nightshift boys get them and thier s!#t out of the way and go home. People like these just goes to prove stupid people should not breed.

7. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

So what happened. I've waited all day for the ending. :ears:

8. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

:haha: :haha: these stories are great.my face hurts. :haha: :haha: :haha:

9. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

Today at work I took a call for a tow job at the rest area a few miles from our town. Story goes like this...

Caller: Hi, I need a tow from the west bound rest area on I-94.

Me: Ok, sir, what kind of car are you driving?

Caller: A Toyota Camry... I think the starter is blown.

Me: Oooh.. and I suppose it's an automatic??

Caller: No, it's a 5-speed, why?

Me: Nevermind, we'll be there in 15 minutes.

Apparently the moron had never push started a stick, so I send out my tow driver, and before he got to the scene, the guy must have had someone walk by and ask what was wrong, who then taught him the proper way to start a manual vehicle when one's starter isn't working...

We laughed hard on that one for a good 15 minutes.

10. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

Yuppie mechanic

Ex-son in law didn't know crap about cars,,changed a tire on his "Furd Exploder" and put all the lugnuts on backwards,,10 minutes later at 70 mph rear tire departs,,screwing up studs,fenders etc. as it goes,,plus he went for a wild ride !!!

11. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

with my 350 SD, if i push start it none of the guages work! :confused: :rolleyes: WTF??? :haha:

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Tow rope, second pick up, pulled it back up the hill. It's sitting in front of his house.