Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

furd radius arm front suspension

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DesertDueler, Sep 8, 2004.

1. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Has anybody dealt with this front end? I am looking to make a doubler for almost free with a ford divorsed NP205, but it is the wrong droop. So, I am getting the t-case for free, and the axles(dana 44 front,dana 60 rear), and the front framecut off right behind the radius arms. All the parts are off a 78 Ford. I was wondering if I should just fabricate the front suspension to my k20, and use the front axle with it. What do you guys think? I am trying to do everything for almost free since I dont have any money, but can fabricate.

Dan /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I'd say go for it. Use rubber bushings.

3. DesertDueler

I am really thinking of going this route because it will ride smoother. It also has a track bar to keep it straight. Oh yea, and the axle has dual piston calipers with the big brakes like the f350 dana 60s /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Dan

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

If it has a 60 rear shouldn't it be from an F250? Shouldn't it have a leaf sprung front axle then if it is an F250? I thought F150's came with Ford 9" rears and D44 fronts (coil sprung) and F250's came with D60 rear and D44 front (mostly) that was leaf. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I would probably just cut off all the coil spring stuff and weld on some spring perches and run leaves in front. It seems to me that would be alot less hassle then dealing with the radius arms and stuff.
    Harley

5. DesertDueler

Well, I dont know what exactly this truck was. It was a little ranger on a f-250 frame, dana 60 rear, coil spring 44 up front, 460ci, c-6 trans, and a divorsed 205. I owned this thing for like a week because I only paid 1,000 for it, and my buddy bought it from me for 2,500. he totaled the body and didnt want it anymore, so he gave me the entire drivetrain. I may just cut the crap off for the coil springs, but that might be a pain because some p.o. welded the radius arms to the axle.

Dan

6. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

pretty easy swap
    no way would I run leaves over Ford suspension
    I wouldnt go to much trouble to put in ford radius arms though either
    actually have a couple 78/9 Broncos here that I am removing that suspension from to link properly

7. DesertDueler

I figured I could link at a later date, and it would be much easier to start with the furd setup.

Dan

8. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Must not be that bad, since all the Stupid Doodys are going back to radius arms.

DARN! How are they gonna get 49s unde those? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif