Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Furd shock towers and stnadard tranny

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SCOOBYDANNN, Apr 24, 2002.

1. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

Well i got the ford towers on and my truck rides like a caddy now, but i did run into some problems and wanted to see if anyone else w/ a standard tranny had this problem. on the driver side i removed the rivited mount for the factory shock placment, drilled it out to 1/2" and drilled the mount accordingly. mounthed everything up and was happy w/ my self./forums/images/icons/smile.gif get in the truck to move it outta the garage, push the clutch down NOPE. the clutch piston that connects to the "Z" bar hit the top of the tower. so i moved it over to a place where i dont really like it (right on the hump for the other side of the factory setup) but i cant move it over any closer cause the clutch will hit it----any suggestions.

2. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Yeah... Turbo 350...! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Hey, I'm still planning to be in EP at the end of May. Ready to "take the Marv line"...?!?

Marv

3. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

hehe, omar starting to say "dont follow him--he's crazy" you'll be proud of the new "scratches" i have. on one i couldnt open my door------so i took it off. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

4. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Upgrade to automatic? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Sorry, couldn't resist...

5. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

LOL, I got a phone call and you beat me to it! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif