Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

fuse blowing

Discussion in 'Audio' started by k5blazerus, Sep 2, 2001.

1. k5blazerus

k5blazerus 1/2 ton status

I have just had a problem with my system in my chevy and the main fuse on the amp keeps popping and I have a big 30amp fuse that keeps on popping to I have no clue what the proplem is all of it is hooked up right I have been running this setup for 6 months now and this [censored] starts happaning any clues on what the proplem could be. colin

Save the whales Harpoon a fat chick.

2. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Thats normally caused by somrthing in the amp shorting out. I would take the amp back if its still under warranty. The only other thing is if your main power wire is grounding out on soething. I would check the main power wire for any bare spots.

86 Jimmy 4"lift 35"MTRs Other cars 69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

3. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

ive had this same problem before.... But i tweek my stuff constantly... right before this started did you mess with your settings on the amp.. mine would blow out on me whenever i tried to hit a hard bass note... come to find out that the amp was trying to pull more power then the fuse would allow... I ended up going to a 45 amp fuse instead of the 30 up front and havent had a single problem since... the other option was that turn my settings back down on my amp and in the radio..

Prembird
    [​IMG] <font color=blue> If it aint</font color=blue><font color=red> LOUD </font color=red><font color=blue> Then turn it </font color=blue><font color=red> UP</font color=red> [​IMG]

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

My old Pioneer amps were doing that because they weren't grounding right... I cleaned up the area and reattached the wire tight and worked fine until some five finger discounted them [​IMG]

How can I miss you if you won't go away? [​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html</a>
    &lt;&gt;&lt; 1 Timothy 4:12 &gt;&lt;&gt;

5. k5blazerus

k5blazerus 1/2 ton status

well my amp was toast and know I have a kenwood 600 wat 4/3/2 chanel amp and could not be happier.
    colin

Save the whales Harpoon a fat chick.