Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fuse panel wiring (hot in run only terminals)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dyeager535, Jul 29, 2002.

1. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Anyone know off the top of their head what a mid 80's and later fuse panel has in the way of "hot in run" only accessory terminals? (all the ones above the fuses)

There isn't a real easy way to test this without cranking the vehicle a lot (pulling ppl wire off starter isn't easy necessarily) and the '86 wiring manual will...lets say, take a fair amount of time to figure out which is hot in run only.

There are 8 rows of accessory terminals. Any of you that are really good at wiring diagrams, can you take a look at http://community.webshots.com/rz/r1/6/89/56/27268956PESlTowJly_fs.jpg and tell me if you can see which ones, if any, would be hot in run only?

Obviously the two rows on the left side are hot at all times, but the other ones, not really sure. I see "ACC" as well, so that may be why I thought one row was dead, since I didn't check, nor care, about hot in ACC only.

Wiring up my TPI setup, a couple of leads obviously require hot in run only.

BTW, for anyone contemplating more wiring, those accessory terminals are awesome, there are more terminals than you could ever hope to need for wiring up extra stuff. And most are fused or on a 30amp circuit breaker already, which is cool. (Except in my case, after I find some "hot in run" only terminals, I have to use inline fuses to get down to 10amps)

And that ground terminal under the dash on the drivers side is awesome too. Locking ground clips, yay! GM went out of their way to make adding wiring in easy. No reason whatsoever on these vintage trucks to cut into any wires for power feeds.

2. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Tried to help but the link gives me this:

Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /rz/r1/6/89/56/27268956PESlTowJly_fs.jpg on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.14 Server at loco.webshots.com Port 80

3. dyeager535

4. joker89blazer

joker89blazer 1/2 ton status

I tried the diagrams you posted.The diagrams was to small to read, I blow them up 200%, but they were to fuzzy to read then.Not very good with computer.I checked diagrams listed in haynes manual but no listing of accesory fuses.I do know on the 89 and up models the a/c fuse is hot in run only[same with trucks with heat only,brown wire].The window electric circuit is run only {pink wire}.77-87 trucks have the engine oil preasure switch fuse run only{pink and white wire].I don't have a digram that lists acc fuses but i would think the acc fuses would have power when iginition switch is in acc postion.I don't know much about tpi systems, but wouldn't you need a circuit that had voltage during both run and start on all motor circuits that are required for motor to run,in order for motor to start? I can understand not wanting to alter factory wiring,but to some degree it may need to be done since tpi was not factory installed in early model trucks.It might be a good idea to relay power from pickup source to batt. for cleaner power to some components.Hope this helps, this is the best i can do with schematics that i have.

5. dyeager535

Thanks for the info, and taking a look!

I ha a problem with webshots when I first started using it, but it was my own fault. http://community.webshots.com/album/27261776qkYQyBOIQW click on page 003, then underneath the picture, look for "view full size". THATS what you need to click to get the full size high quality view. The scans are actually very good quality if you view it that way : )

I know what you are talking about for the heat and window circuit, so I should have no problem running plugs from those and then a 10amp inline fuse holder.

Thanks again!