Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

future 4x4 - need help, before i blow money

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by luk3, Apr 29, 2002.

1. luk3

luk3 1/2 ton status

hi,im just somewhat new to this fourm, im 19 and with very limited money . ive done alot of research for tthe past year , and i have decide to go with a k5,becasue of it 4x4 capability and its fullsize. ok now for the question. ive decided to get 73-91 and looking at a tough country 4 inch EZ ride becasue i hear there flex is good, i was thinking of ordering the xterrain tire by procomp, have u herd anything about this tire? i havent seen it around to much. i wanna run 35s im not sure about the rim size, and i am willing to cut and trim. any information on the stuff i mentioned will help alot.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm going to go with a BDS 6" suspension lift and a 1" ORD body lift and 35" tires

3. StonerK5

StonerK5 1/2 ton status

Guess what, no matter what you lift buy, or what tires you get, you will still want another mod for the truck. When you get that one, there's the next one, and so on and so on.

Do you have a job? If so just have them forward your checks directly to the truck. Saves time!

Chris

4. luk3

luk3 1/2 ton status

thanks, have u guys herd anything about hte xterrain tires?

5. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I've got the 4" tuff country ez's on mine and love the ride. They actually came with about 5.5" of lift but I'm told they'll settle AND get flexier with time. I'm running 36" TSLs, and going to 38's. Doing this thing on a budget isn't that difficult, you just have to plan a lot and keep a sharp eye for good deals. I have under $5K in my rig including initial purchase price and I'm pretty satisfied. I've only got a few things left to do till I'm wheeling all the time and wrenching hardly at all.

6. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

I have the 4" EZ-ride. I had to "round" the front bottom fenders as my 35" BFG MTs hit when I was flexing and turning. I don't recall if my 35" ATs hit with my 8.5" x 16.5 rims or not... The muds on 16.5 x 9.75 did hit.

TO