Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Future home theater upgrade

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, May 1, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

The Infinity Modulus Home Theater System is a compact, efficient satellite, center-channel and subwoofer system that is ideal for reproducing home-theater sound. With their versatile design, the satellite speakers can be placed virtually anywhere on shelves, or mounted on a wall using the integrated base. The center channel can easily be placed on top of, or on a shelf below, the television. The powered subwoofer delivers tremendous bass impact for your favorite music and movie soundtracks.

SATELLITE Frequency Range: 100Hz - 20,000Hz (+/-3db) Recommended Power Amplifier Range: 15 - 100 watts Sensitivity: 86dB Nominal Impedence: 8 Ohms Crossover Frequency: 2500Hz, 12dB/Octave Midrange Driver: 4" C.M.M.D., magnetically shielded High-Frequency Driver: 3/4" C.M.M.D., magnetically shielded Dimensions (H x W x D): 11" x 5-1/2" x 4-1/2" (279mm x 140mm x 114mm) Weight: 4 lb (1.8kg)

CENTER CHANNEL Frequency Range: 80Hz - 20,000Hz (+/-3dB) Recommended Power Amplifier Range: 15 - 100 watts Sensitivity (2.83V @ 1m): 88dB Nominal Impedence: 8 Ohms Crossover Frequency: 2500Hz, 12dB/Octave Midrange Driver: Dual 4" C.M.M.D., magnetically shielded High-Frequency Driver: 3/4" C.M.M.D., magnetically shielded Dimensions (H x W x D): 6-1/4" x 20-3/4" x 4-1/2" (159mm x 527mm x 114mm) Weight: 8 lb (3.6kg)

SUBWOOFER Frequency Range: 27Hz - 100Hz (+/-3dB) Amplifier Power Output: 300 watts RMS, 600 watts peak Low-Frequency Driver: 12" C.M.M.D., magnetically shielded Crossover Frequency: 100Hz, 12dB/Octave Dimensions (H x W x D): 16-1/2" x 14-1/2" x 19-1/4" (419mm x 368mm x 489mm) Weight: 42 lb (19.1kg) [​IMG] It'll be awhile befor I can afford these, $1,000.00+ speaker set up. But hey, over the winter I vegs out in the living room watching movies, so I think this will be my next upgrade to my home theater. I just bought the JBL home theater, but I know I'll want a better speakers set up in the future.

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Shouldn't you be upgrading the acoustical dynamics for the best sound? I'm sure if you did some work in this area, even the cheapest sound system would benefit.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Shouldn't you be upgrading the acoustical dynamics for the best sound? I'm sure if you did some work in this area, even the cheapest sound system would benefit.

[/ QUOTE ] Remember, I live in a trailer house. Not much I can do to improve the acoustics without ripping out the walls and rebuilding them. I'm just not willing to do that. Besides, I think that Infinity speaker system will work very well with my JBL home theater. The big attraction for me is the matched speakers with a 300watt RMS / 600watt peak, 12" subwoofer. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I do like bass, but more over I love the way it feels when a bomb explodes, jet flies over head, or the thumping of the blades of a helicopter in a movie. A good sub makes the movies come alive !!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Then ain't ya worried about the system shaking your crib apart? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Not really, my trailer house isn't one of those old POS trailers. It's a 96, with 6" thick walls and lots of insulation built for winters in the northern part of the country.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Maybe this would be all I need.

7. the cork

the cork 1/2 ton status

before you do, check out bob carvers sunfire subwoofer,
    (that will be all youll ever need) 1500 watts, /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif