Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Future Longmont resident...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 89GMCSuburban, May 17, 2005.

1. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

I just got a job offer from Transwest truck and trailer in Longmont for their new 22 bay service station. I'll be in Estes Park May 22 to 28 for vacation, so I'm gonna run down there for a face to face interview and see where I go from there. IF it works out, I may be up there with my Burban by mid next month as the new shop opens June 22. If and when I get up there, there will be a meet and drink beer with fellow CK5ers at my place. When I got the job offer, I admit, I about cried. Living in CO has been a dream of mine since I started going there every year when I was 3. God, I'm annoyingly giddy right now.
    I'm looking at the Quail Village apartments in Longmont. Anyone know is these are good places, or know of any cheap apartments for me to check out around that location?

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

http://www.longmontfyi.com/

Can't tell you much about rentals, it's been ages since I rented an apartment here. Longmont has changed quite a bit in the last 10 years, lot of building going on. You should have plenty to choose from. Try the link above, lots of useful info there including rentals under classifieds. If your looking at a particular place I can always take some digital pics for you and forward them when I get time. Good bunch of guys out here to wheel with. B_to_C is in your age bracket.

3. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

Transwest Trucks hey!

Good luck in your job interview.. You should be talking with Basil Thompson and Jerry Berry. Have fun working on trailers though, I can't stand those things. I work at the main shop in Commerce City. Night parts guru/ service writer. Your going to be working on alot of RV's there too. Can't get a spec of grease on anything and there is no access to work on them. Put Jesse Butler down as a referral, might help you get the job. Good luck! I'm sure youll like it in colorado... I know I do.

4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Yes. Go to Colorado. Stay.

5. 89GMCSuburban

Thanks guys, official interview is on Tuesday. I'll be sure to let you guys know the moment I get back, since I'll have no comp access. I just took the assessment test and filled out a questionnaire on my skills. I don't mind working on trailers, except for friggin car haulers and low boys. RV's are a pain in the ass, but not much different from buses. I already did my application, so I missed putting your name on the thing! But, I will mention it to them casually while I'm in the interview. He mentioned a service manager, it was a Hazel something I think... Not sure, but will soon enough find out. Leave day after tomorrow for the beautiful sky up there. Anyone want to hang out or something, PM me your cell or home #and I'll PM you mine and we'll have to meet. Thanks guys...God I love this site.

6. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

It's definitely Basil Thompson, try not to call him by the wrong name. Does not make a good first if you call the manager the wrong name. Basil is the head manager of all the shops, basically a division manager of service departments. The only person that is higher then him is the owner george. Transwest owns the freightliner, RV-shop, medium duty shop here in denver. There is also All Truck and Trailer Parts here and in springs, Skyller body company, Transwest GMC, Transwest Trailers, Transwest Longmont, Transwest grand junction and in missoula.

7. 89GMCSuburban

Got the job, start July 1st. Already signed a lease at some apartments in Thornton. Will post more info when I get it!

8. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Hurry! The wheelin season is in full swing and we cant have you missing out!

9. 89GMCSuburban

I know, it was killing me being up there this last week in my 2wd Jimmy. Didn't you have to sell your truck a while back? We'll have to meet up and go in a trail run in my beast.