Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Future Member here...

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by 89GMCSuburban, Oct 18, 2003.

1. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Well, I recieved my housing info for WyoTech yesterday. Looks like I'll be in Laramie on January 3, 2004
    for 9 months of school and, hopefully, somewhere in Colorado when I start working. Just want to know
    some cool places to wheel and things up there. I go to Estes Park every year, so I do know some of the
    small roads, but that's about it. Well, maybe one of the weekends I have up there we can all meet up and
    do some wheeling. There's only so much to do here in Texas, especially San Antonio.

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

You'll have to show me around the Estes Park area, I only know of one trail up there and have yet to do it... If ya ever want to do just a day trip, I need to conquer Moody Hill west of Ft. Collins.. and maybe go up Crystal Mountain which forks off of Moody Hill...

After I lift the Xploder /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Moody Hill kicked my ass last month, I'm surprised I didn't break something /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    maybe one of the weekends I have up there we can all meet up and

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem! there are plenty of places to wheel here.
    Welcome in advance /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

YUP, yer gonna love it here. Great trails all over, and lot's of us fullsize wheelers. See you when you get here. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Hey Capman, why not save the money you looking to spend on lifting the Xploder and sell the Xploder and buy a K5 and lift it. Join us Luke. I am your father... Steve is our father. Join the team and come on in for the big win!

P.S.
    I might want to wheel Estes in the spring. Lemme know...

6. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

well mainly because I already have the lift on the way... I'm gonna be spending a little over $200 not including shocks for 4 inches... pretty good deal /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

And I'm quite happy with my fuel injection and mid size yuppie mobile /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Plus I'm trying to save money for college, no major purchases... And I've had the Explorer for a year now, it's a record... so I should keep it longer I think /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

And yeah, this spring will be awesome, I should be lifted by then... I'll probably limit myself to 5 rated trails though since I'm still a beginner and my X is my only vehicle and all that /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Give us a shout when you get here, Welcome! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif