Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FYI - Jacobs Electronics has a bunch of stuff on discount

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Skigirl, Feb 4, 2003.

1. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Talked to a tech guy today from Jacobs Electronics - he's been buying up, or has access to, all the stuff that they discontinue on a regular basis. Ignitions, coils, etc. He got a 24K gold coil for his Harley for $40 or something.

I got his name and number if anybody wants anything, feel free to call him (I asked his permission). Name is Mark. Phone: 910-291-2560.

2. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

I'd like the $400 back that I spent on one of their ignition systems! I had problems with it randomly crapping out on me for the last 3 years, then finally last fall it had a total meltdown and took most of the ignition/starter wires with it. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Luckily I was close to home when it happened. I called em about it once and they said they'd be glad to upgrade it to the most recent system that solved all those problems, as soon as I sent them another $390! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Ok I'm calmed down now. I will give them props for one thing... my coil wire was arcing real bad and making the truck stall out, so they sent me a new one free of charge. About the only thing I did like about the system after buying it 4 years ago, are the plug wires. They're pretty nice wires, even if they were $400. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

They ought to refund that. Why don't you call the guy and see if he can help?