Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FYI Jegs dynomax dual kit didnt work

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 8_YOUR_H2, Mar 2, 2001.

1. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I bought the header dual kit with summit headers and turbo mufflers. The people at summit said the summit headers are the same as the dynomax and It did not bolt up exactly the way jegs said. I had to take it to a shop and have the pipes bent more and the ends were too small to fit the header collectors. Had to have them streached a fraction for a good fit. Dont you all hate the term "FYI" I do. Anyway go have a kit custom bent and save yourself the hastle. It is pretty sweet now that everything runs again...

2. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

I have the Dynomax Dual Kit on my '73 along with the Dynomax headers and didn't have any problems with the install, even though I added an H-Pipe. The Dual kit says in the directions that it is only designed for the Dynomax headers, so they do warn you against trying to use it with other brands. It sounds like you need to give Summit a call and have them reimburse you for the extra mods needed to get their headers to work with the kit. By the way, why didn't you get the whole kit from the same place?

3. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I have to agree w/ jason here... buy all your stuff from the same place and this won't happen. I also bolted up Jeg's dynomax kit on my buddy's 86 pickup and wake pure gravey[​IMG] The dynomax headers are about as decent as anyother cheap header on the market. But basically you're gonna end up screwed probably... Summit will say they are designed just like Dynomax and Dynomax will say well they aren't dynomax...[​IMG]. IMO i'm very questionable on summit items... have had a few problems of late which is very surprising because most of their items are top notch. Mostly I'm still fuming over a bad summit oil pump, but had no problems getting my money back... yeah refund... because had to get a guy's truck back on the road. But to end this blabbering post...FYI.. buy everything from one place... even if it does cost a couple extra bucks, but in terms of if you had the headers before and the exhaust was an afterthought... definetly could of tried just getting bolt on collectors from summit

1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI