Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FYI! Solved!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Tweetysuarus, May 29, 2004.

1. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

For those that have been chasing an electrical overdraw of voltage when you turn on all your accessories and drop below 12v. Try to replace the Ignition switch on the bottom of your steering column. I have been chasing this gremlin for over 2 years now and replaced the whole wire harness with a painless kit, new 130 amp alternator, new batteries and cables, new accessory switches, on, and on! The only switch I neglected was the switch for the Ignition! It was working as far as I knew, It started the rig, the rig ran, accessories worked. I changed that today and walla! My voltage is very strong, no loss of significant voltage when all accessories are on! Just a reminder of always check out the things that are still functioning for weakness!
    Bill

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Re: Solved!

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Glad to hear you finally got that fixed, even if it was $$$$ down the road for a few dollar part /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Re: Solved!

Yup! I be kickin my butt as we speak! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    Bill

4. FWP

FWP CRS

Excellent point, and easily overlooked/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Thanks for putting that out there for everyone.

Fred