Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gabriel shocks for K30 with 4" of lift----SPECS

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 73k10sub, Jan 6, 2003.

1. 73k10sub

73k10sub 1/2 ton status

Gabriel shocks for K30 with 4\" of lift----SPECS

Called the local Pep Boys and inquired about shock options for the K30. This is what we came up with for an 86 K30 with 4" of lift:

This is supposedly a Gabrial part number but I searched for it on Gabriel's website and found nothing.

T60065-rear
    extended-29.73"
    compressed-17.45"
    stroke-12.28"

T60064-front
    extended-23.23"
    compressed-13.95"
    stroke-9.28"

They are listed as Pro Ryder Premium Gas shocks *suppossedly have Velocity Sensitive Technology (VST)*
    They are $19.99 each plus $10 S&H to get them in town.

Our K30 has 4" springs with a ORD shackle flip and ORD zero rates all around. Would this be a good shock? Have any of you guys run these shocks?

Thanks

2. 73k10sub

73k10sub 1/2 ton status

Re: Gabriel shocks for K30 with 4\" of lift----SPECS

ttt
    Anybody got a feel for this? Gabriel's tech guy says they don't offer any extended length shocks. A previous post on this forum said they were available. ?????????????????

3. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

If you call gabriel they will tell you they don't have an application for a 4" lifted K30. The reason is they manufacture shocks not kits.
    The guy at the parts store either has a software that has the options for a search or did the math himself.
    I used to take measurements and then go to the monroe dealer and look in the catalogs to find what I need, including length, damping rate and mounting configurations.

4. mudrunner78

mudrunner78 1/2 ton status

I am not at home right now but I found at autozone a gabriel shock with the same specs as the t60065, that you posted I can't remember the part number thou, let me see if a search will help. jesse