Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

gabriel shocks

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chubbynova, Apr 25, 2006.

1. chubbynova

chubbynova Registered Member

i have searched and found part # g63438 for autozone gabriel shocks. i beleive it said they had 12.5 inches of travel and were being used for about 4 inches of lift. i currently have 4 in procomp front springs and 4 in block in back. i carry alot of stuff in the rear of my blazer and hardly get a chance to take the top off, so my rear sits significantly lower than the front. i recently bought some 6 in bds spring for the rear to replace the blocks and hopefully level it out. i was thinking i would replace all four shocks well i was installing the new springs. will these shock be long enough or do i need a different part #? they will be going on 77 if that matter. any help or recommendations would be appreciated.

2. chubbynova

chubbynova Registered Member

also the truck is mostly driven on the street and trails. i was thinking about adding a longer shackle or zero rate in the front if it ends up sitting way to high in the rear too.

3. johnathan

johnathan 1/2 ton status

I run the Gabrial shocks all around and the rear is long enough.It's like a six inch lift because my shock mounts are 2'' lower than the stock axle,and I have a 4'' lift.If your running a 14 bolt ff with 6'' of lift I don't think they would work.