Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gabriel VS RANCHO

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CHEVY 4WD, Jun 26, 2003.

1. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Ive been told there made by the same people and are the same shock SO which is like a RS5000? I know alot of people say there too stiff but Im gonna go with WHAT I KNOW I have 5000's now and there fine for me, but if I can get the same shock minus the boot for $15 less a shock I will /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I heard somewhere that Rancho is made by Gabriel, but don't quote me on that as it was heard thru the grapevine.

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I think it's Monroe, not Gabriel. Rancho was bought several years ago by Tenneco Automotive. Check out their corporate web site at http://www.tenneco-automotive.com/ and hover your mouse pointer over the "Brands" tab to see the stuff that they make. Monroe and Rancho are both near the top of the list. It's quite possible that the same parts are sold under the different brand names to save on manufacturing costs. You might find out more by checking out the Monroe and Rancho websites and comparing specs. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

4. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

thats for all the info now what do yall like better gabriel or rancho?

5. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

silly question, are any of the rancho's oil filled and not nitrogen charged? I have a used set that someone gave me, it doesnt leak, but it seems to provide resistance in BOTH directions, and it doesnt expand itself apart.