Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

GAH!!! '88 K5 aftermarket parts WHERE ARE THEY!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by johnnieg, Nov 21, 2002.

1. johnnieg

johnnieg 1/2 ton status

GAH!!! \'88 K5 aftermarket parts WHERE ARE THEY!!

When I go through parts catalogs and stuff looking for cool additions to my ride, but the parts will go up to '87, then jump to '89 or'90. it gets real frustrating. will '87 parts fit an '88? i've heared this year is a crossover year and parts are a little funky. plus, what p'up parts will fit(hoods, lights, grilles, etc)? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Re: GAH!!! \'88 K5 aftermarket parts WHERE ARE THEY!!

Try the links post in the 73-91 forum for starters. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

www.lmctruck.com
    www.cheyennepickup.com

Are but a couple of the many........... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

yup parts will work from a 87...just like the water pump..if you ask for a water pump from napa for a 88 blazer the one they have listed in the books is not right...there is a bolt hole missing for one of the pully brackets...you have to ask for a pump from a 87...i have noticed alot of things like that because of the year the body style changed...but it was just on the half ton and i think 3/4 ton pickups that changed in 88 everything else stayed the same till the 92 model year then everything switched over to the new body

4. 88jimmyoungowner

88jimmyoungowner 1/2 ton status

beware, not everything is the ame on an 88 and 87. a/c is not the same. go to a local good ole boy parts store with maybe an old chevy /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif or /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif in fornt of it, and they will know their stuff.

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

That's because there is no such thing as a 88k5. They didn't make K5's after 87. They made V10 Blazers in 88-91 then they became 1500 Blazers. That's why you never see a listing for a K5 blazer after 87. It's the same truck though as the 87.

6. RedBrute

RedBrute 1/2 ton status

My '87 Blazer is listed as a V10 at Autozone, but then who cares about Autozone anyway... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif