Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

gain a few horses easy?

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by Espen88k5, Mar 16, 2001.

1. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

Bigger exhaust, smaler airfilter, turn the pressure upp on the pump. This is the fragments off what I have heard. Anyone now anything for sure?
    A step by step on the pump adjustment and type of airfilter would be nice. Someone out must have fidled with the 6,2 's stock performance. A turbo kit sounds like major$$$$$ how bad is it? Did some motor-homes come with them from the dealer? If I should get hold of a used one , What sort of wear should I look for?

Lots of questions I know [​IMG]

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.espen88k5.coloradok5.com>http://www.espen88k5.coloradok5.com</A>

2. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

I got three easy things for you to do. If you dont increase power output, itll for sure cut down on your smoke. First, take out the factory intake pipe and silencer. Go get about a 3' section of that blacik ribbed pipe that is used to drain water from the sides of houses. Now take out the plastic thing on the radiator support that the old intake was connected to. Cut out the middle of it and put it back. Now put the black tube around it and the intake for the air cleaner. Get an amsoil or accel foam filter, not K&N as Ive heard it flows a lot of dust. It may not but why take a chance. Then, unhook your vaccuum line going to the EGR valve inside the air cleaner. Plug it up. This will make less smoke, but probably no gain in power as it only works at and a little above idle i think. Third, look at the timing marks on the front of the pump. There should me a mark on the block and one on the pump. Loosen the 3 15mm bolts on the pump and rotate the pump so the mark on the pump is about 4 line widths to the right. This is about 4 degrees advanced now, you should feel a difference in power with this. I also had less smoke after this. Good luck and enjoy driving the best NA diesel ever made.