Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gallatin, TN

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by danny7139, Jul 25, 2005.

1. danny7139

danny7139 1/2 ton status

Anyone here living in or around Gallatin Tennessee? I am giving very hard thought into moving around there. Very cheap and florida is getting way to expensive. These homes are so big for so little money. I was just wondering what you guys think of it there and hows the wheeling there, gotta know that :D

2. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

what part of tn. is that???? i'm from bristol/tri-city area which is east tn.

3. gone huntin

gone huntin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Just north east of Nashville, we used to live in Madison and my in-laws live in Goodlettsville. MAP

4. danny7139

danny7139 1/2 ton status

It's up by Nashville. About 35 mins northeast of it. Also by hendersonville.

Google Map Zoom out a few and you'll see.

Edit: Looks like you beat me to the post :rolleyes:

5. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

ah... not at all familiar with that part of tn sorry.

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

nice...

I love TN!!...my friend moved to shelbyville TN,about 40 miles south of nashville ten years ago--his only regret was not leaving here much sooner!--he sold 2 houses he'd bought in MA,and got 350,000 bucks--his nearly new house in TN was 110,000 bucks!--he does vinyl siding (self employed contractor),and he was concerned that not many people would want that on their houses down there--but he hooked up with a local Sears store,and he's been VERY successful--more work than he can handle!--he says good help is scarce though--most guys dissapear to drink their paycheck,and dont return for a week or more!..

He just purchased 5 acres of land near his house for his son for 38,000 bucks(you cant buy a 1/4 acre in MA for that!)...but he did say prices are starting to creep up fast,and it wont be long before TN is just like everywhere else..so you better act soon if your serious about moving there...I'd love to live there,the humidity is a bummer though--but its not exactly cool and dry where I am in MA either!.. I'd love having NO SNOW to deal with,orbody rot on my trucks...:crazy:

7. gambit420s

gambit420s 1/2 ton status

It's pretty nice here and the prices are so low especially in that area
    my cousin got married and bought a house in MA and paid like 165K for what i can buy here for like 30-35k

theres lots of good places but tn doesnt allow OHV in the state and national parks so almost everything is private, commercial, or illegal :whistle:
    this place is just NW of knoxville Coal Creek OHV Park

the weather is good not too cold, not all that hot(usually...) and not a lot of snow here but i'm in a big valley, that area is more of a plateau so they get a few inches a year.

the people are usually cool and willing to help you out.