Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gallows 2005

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dontoe, May 16, 2005.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Driver in grisly suicide

A suicidal New Jersey man set a new standard for self-inflicted brutality when he decapitated himself by driving away from a light post with a rope tied around his neck.

Wolfgang Persieck, 50, of Union Beach, died when the rope, which he had attached to the post, jerked his head off as he stepped on the gas Saturday night.

His body was found inside the car, along with several suicide notes, behind the Hazlet Multiplex movie theater, Monmouth County Prosecutor John Kaye said.

Two teenagers found the car as they walked through an isolated area behind the theater on Route 35.

The pair stopped a passing police officer, who discovered Persieck's body. Interviews with relatives and the notes pointed to a suicide, Kaye said.
    Dave Goldiner

Originally published on January 18, 2005

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/272481p-233202c.html

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

One less crazy person the world needs to worry about.

3. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

thats a new way of doing it... and i like the idea of dying in a car.. :D

im a lil twisted thought.
    Grant

4. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Yeah, but why potentially traumatize the people that find you, or may have to deal with you? I say go up in the boonies and take care of business where nobody stumbles on you. Leave a note with a general area, or specific if you want, so that by the time they find you, everyone has emotionally dealt with it already. The ones I hate are the ones who either do it in front of the family, or leave themselves for the family to find. The ultimate act of selfishness in my opinion....

5. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

ehh, yer right, but to each his own.

6. Desert Rat

Certainly, until your 5 yr. old is the first to stumble on the body. I'm as twisted as the next (ok, more) but you gotta draw the line at possibly screwing up a kids brain...

7. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

I agree with D-rat on this one.

However if you wanted to do it by removing your own head then why not take the time to build your own guillotine. Quick and painless.

At least you'd be a creative suicide.

8. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

and the person doesn't have to be 5 yrs old and it doesn't have to be as "creative" as that. ask me...I know how it feels to walk up on someone whom you love and find they ended it all. like you said, it's the most selfishness act anyone could commit.

9. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

One of my closest friends lost at a real Russian Roulette game by his self.

10. Desert Rat

Or, you could just lock yourself out of the pod bay door............ :whistle:..... "Will I dream?........." I don't have a major philosophical issue with somebody doing themselves in, although I think it is the ultimate form of cowardice. In fact, there are some folks that I would just prefer do the honorable thing (Saddam Hussein, etc.) instead of remaining the human stain and burdening the rest of us. But, so few suicidal people really should take that final step when there are so many better alternatives. Killing yourself in front of, or at least rubbing others faces in it, is simply payback, a way to seriously hurt those around them they feel inadequate against, or to finally generate some sympathy/attention that they feel they deserve but never got.

11. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

The exhuast fumes must not have been quick enough. "That's it. This crap stinks and I'm not dying quickly enough. Now where's that rope....." :thinking:

12. Desert Rat

Remember, when you hang yourself, they find you sporting a woodie. I suggest a hike to the back forty with a side by side 12 guage. No long slow delays there.......