Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gamers

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by txfiremank5, Aug 24, 2004.

1. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Anyone know when they expect to release the next Grand Theft Auto? Also, what's the name... San ??????

Thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

3. txfiremank5

Cool.. thanks, SD. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

thats lame its only gonna be on PS2.. ah, Mafia was better than that series anyway...

Ryoken - playing Far Cry and anxiously awaiting HL2...

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    thats lame its only gonna be on PS2.. ah, Mafia was better than that series anyway...

[/ QUOTE ]Not so lame for me, I have a PS2. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Also awaiting HL2, for now just playing Doom 3. I swear D3 is original HL with way better graphics /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif fun anyway

7. ryoken

i hear D3's graphics are as good as it gets.. but i've also heard it gets pretty boring. dark hallway, get scared, shoot a million monsters, etc... i'm gonna hold off till it hopefully goes budget bin, but that may be quite some time...

i'm sure its quite good for what it is, i just tend to like bigger storyline games better. Deus Ex, Max Payne series, Ghost Recon, Far Cry, etc..

you should pick up Far Cry if you haven't tried it.. pretty incredible maps, not a perfect game, AI gets a little predictable here and there.. but hella fun...

i actually would prolly pick up D3 soon, but i'm trying to cut my game spending considering i want Thorleys with duels and a BTO before XMas. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I love storyline games too, Max Payne, Deus Ex(I and II), Hitman(I and II haven't tried III), bu I got tired of stealth games. I got tired of having to creep around all the time or else have an unbeatable amount of enemies attack you. Doom III is a nice change. I justified Doom II by trading in like 4 games... I got $5 for them but yeah.

9. ryoken

how was Deus Ex 2? it got some really bad feedback when it came out.. dumbed down, consoled, etc... i think its pretty cheap these days, may have to pick it up...

apologies for the thread hijack txfiremank5..

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah I picked it up for 9.99 so I said screw it might as well. Its dumbed down but I think in a good way. I think the skills thing in the previous one was a mistake. If you upgraded the wrong skills you could be screwed later in the game I just didn't like that. Thats basically all that was eliminated.

11. txfiremank5

[ QUOTE ]
    apologies for the thread hijack txfiremank5..

[/ QUOTE ]
    No hijack here... I got my answer, and I some extra info... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Yeah, I don't mind it being on PS2 either... I have one at home, and one at the station in my locker with a 13" TV /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif sure makes 24 hrs go by fast /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif