Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ganna put these tips on my tailpipes!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Mar 29, 2003.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Look good - I actually just saw those on a late-model chevy a week ago.
    My only problem with chromed tips (I have 3.5" rounds) is that mine are rusting and looking like poo. They looked good for a while, but now they're spotted with rust and look dirty all the time. If I got to do it all over again - I would've saved the money and just run the pipes straight out the back without any poser chrome tips. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Sorry if I bummed you out about getting 'em, but it's your cash, so go for it....or you could always pocket the $40, run the pipes straight out the back, and sent $25 to CK5. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

well, i know how they can get...my dad has chrome tips on his car but if you keep after them and polish them once and a while they stay good. and im not going to buy these exact ones anyhow..these were just for reference. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

and on a side note..it seems a lot of posts i make always seem to get replys refering to joining. maybe its just me but it seems like theres a little pressure to join here.. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

4. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

i think those are perty cool!

5. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    and on a side note..it seems a lot of posts i make always seem to get replys refering to joining. maybe its just me but it seems like theres a little pressure to join here

[/ QUOTE ]
    Sorry about that, I apologize - shouldn't have said it. If you're going to join, you're going to join.

6. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

nah dun worry bout it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif..its just that some people on here have been buggin me an awfull lot bout that.. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Bling bling! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif You gonna get some dubs next? </font>

8. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    <font color="green"> You gonna get some dubs next? </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

already in the mail

9. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

might wanna rethink the straight out the back thing...mine were like that when I first got my K5, and when you ride with the back glass down, it sucks exhaust fumes in (even with the front windows down)

Had mine rerouted so they exit at 45 degree angles out the back (one right under each corner of the bumper) - helped out ALOT. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif (you can see the end of one in the picture, if you look close)

[​IMG]

10. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

this is on a pickup though...

11. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

As much as I like those tips, I would also rethink the rear exit. This would be OK if you don't wheel your truck. I had mine routed out the back, and i kept tearing them off when I wheeled. side exit was better.

12. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    this is on a pickup though...

[/ QUOTE ]

ooops! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

13. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

uhhh...why? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

j

14. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

I aggree about the rear exit. They look good coming out of the rear on a truck but I can't count how many times I've drug my bumper and CL-III hitch on the ground wheeling. It'd be a shame to smash those purdy tips.

The only problem with side exit pipes is they catch all the mucky stuff, if you play in the mud a lot.

15. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

cauuuuse i want to.....i dunno i thought they were pretty cool..

16. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    As much as I like those tips, I would also rethink the rear exit. This would be OK if you don't wheel your truck. I had mine routed out the back, and i kept tearing them off when I wheeled. side exit was better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree I see all these big lifted trucks with chrome tips coming out from under the rear bumper. What happens when your rear tires come off a ledge or something and your pretty tips get caught betwwen the earth and your bumper??? Oh well just my $.02

17. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea thats the only thing that came to my mind was the draging thing...but i dont think ill be at angles that much...mostly all ill be doing is mudding anyway..staying away form the rocks..

18. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

if its a mall cruiser or show truck it'd be pretty cool, i mean, i think they look cool. for a trail rig though its only a matter of time before a rock/stump/whatever smashes one of them. my current exhaust system is pretty much expendable... rock hits it its kind of an "oh well, cut off the mangled part and lets keep wheelin'"... if I had those really nice chevy ones I'd be pist every time they got banged up. lol! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

j

19. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    My only problem with chromed tips (I have 3.5" rounds) is that mine are rusting and looking like poo. They looked good for a while, but now they're spotted with rust and look dirty all the time.

[/ QUOTE ] HAHAHAHAHA no rust in vegas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea i know but i dont think my wheleing is ganna be anything extreme..mostly cuase i cant afford the new parts lol..but ill mostly just be going on muddy trails and stuff....