Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Garage Construction **update**

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by shewheeler, Oct 12, 2004.

1. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

For those interested, this is an update to this thread

I finally got a bid that I can live with. The contractor who is going to do the work is someone I went to highschool with and seems like a pretty stand up guy. He's he only to bid who came to my house with the bid and had everything broken down and itemized. After all is said and done, the bid comes in at right around $42K. Not as low as I wanted, but at least this way I'll have some $$$ left over for some cabinets and shelving. The downside is that I will be a side job which means it will take longer to complete /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

As long as the bank approves my loan, I'm looking to start construction right after Thanksgiving /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Finally, a place to park my junk! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Congrats, and you know we expect to see some pics as its being built! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. 502

502 1/2 ton status

What he said,...lots of pics... and a party... yeah that's da ticket...a ground breaking party... an daa uuunnnder construction party,yeah...I mean a completed garage party...yeah that's what I meant to say......forget that other stuff....... [​IMG]

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Hmmm a party huh????Now I need a real reason to convince the wife I need to fly down.... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

5. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Oh yes, I will take plenty of pics with my new camera phone /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

Garage warming party? Well, OK, twist my arm /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I could plan my party to fall around Blazerfest /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[field of dreams]If I build it (and provide alchohol), he will come...[/field of dreams] /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    [field of dreams]If I build it (and provide alchohol), he will come...[/field of dreams]

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    [field of dreams]If I build it (and provide alchohol), he will come...[/field of dreams] /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[Wayne's World] Book them, and they will come...[/Wayne's World].

At least you can do that. :Sniff:. I just mortgaged my sorry butt to the hilt to buy the house ... the dream garage will wait until ... well, a while. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

-- A

8. i8yrsuv

i8yrsuv 1/2 ton status

If you would like different bid ...you cant try Contractor.com
    But if you want to build it in Sonoma County I would do it for less !!! Good luck

9. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Phase 1 of her garage is complete.. We installed a 200 amp service to her house.. Now she has the power to run a welder and what ever else she want in there.. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

10. i8yrsuv

i8yrsuv 1/2 ton status

So did you do it "hot " I have friends that do that ..I really dont think is a good idea changing a panel without PG&E... I think is is called "not getting a permit" .... /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

11. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

No we are a electrical contractor.PG&E came out and disconnected and the city came out and inspected and PG&E came out and reconnected.. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif