Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Garage"decoration" - License plate wallpaper - I need your old plates!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Shaggy, Oct 7, 2003.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Garage\"decoration\" - License plate wallpaper - I need your old plates!

Mods - I know that this is *kind of* out of place, but it does relate directly to garages. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

So, I've been thinking about how to make my garage at the new house feel like "home", and I've decided that I want to take one wall and try to cover it with license plates from all over the country. I have a couple dozen plates already that are in my current garage but I'm going to need a few hundred more. I don't even care about the high value stuff that I see on E-bay, I just think that all the different colors would look really cool covering up a wall. You see where I'm going with this... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif If any of you guys want to write your CK5 handle on the corner of an old front plate that you aren't using, I will give it a place of honor on my "CK5er Wall of Fame". /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I'll pay shipping if it's an issue. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Plates from Canada would be cool too, eh... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

For that matter, plates from just about anywhere would be cool. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Anybody else have license plate collections that I can see some pics of? I'm sure that this has been done many times before, but I'm wondering if anybody on CK5 has done it...

2. Fry

Fry 1/2 ton status

Re: My idea for garage \"decoration\"

Thats cool, I'll look around to see if I have an old Alberta Canada one for you. I might have got rid of them when I moved but you never know, I had quite a few from my old cars/trucks. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

ill look around and see if i can find an old one for you /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

I've got a couple Shaggy. PM me your addy and I will get them out to you. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Thanks Shannon and Fry! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I'll PM my addy to both of you. OL14 is going to send me a couple too, but I still have 46 states to go and all of Canada. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

6. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I have a plate from each state I've lived in long enough to register a car. But unless I can find some I've forgotter about I'm keeping mine. I wouldn't worry about multipulls from the same state, espically if they are different years/designs. Sounds like a cool idea to me. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

7. Shagnaz

Shagnaz 1/2 ton status

I started doing that when my father and I would go to the junk yard. I have close to 75 plates. Of course not all states, but of different plates. I built my work bench with a band of 2x6 at the top,so the plates are lined up on that. The shelves are not done, but I am hoping to have enough space for the plates.
    Good idea, I think it is a nice addition to a garge.
    You always have to have signs too.

8. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

I'm not worried about multiples at all, I want to cover the back wall of a 3 car garage so I'll definately have tons on multiples up there. I know that CA has had like 6 different plate designs in recent memory, alot more if you count the special plates. Either way I'm not worried about it, I'll take all that I can get; if the plate is off of a current CK5er's ride then I guarantee it will go up in a visible spot, especially if there is a CK5 "handle" written on the corner or something.

I only have one sign, a 35 MPH one that fell off of the post right in front of the place I used to live. No really, it actually fell off... seriously. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif that will go on the wall too, somewhere in the middle probably with all the plates surrounding it.

9. madmike

madmike 1/2 ton status

Damn, just one more reason I gotta get me a garage... so I can utilize these cool decorating tips! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

cool idea!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    i have another texas plate if you want it. send me yor addy.

11. cwn anwyn

cwn anwyn 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Re: Garage\"decoration\" - License plate wallpaper - I need your old plates!

I can send you one of my old CO plates, and I might change my plates to the Vet plates we have here. So you could get one of the newer CO plates. I might even have one of my Y plates from Okinawa from my Pajero still if youd want that. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Z

12. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I'll see what I can find.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

PM'd all of you guys. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Thanks!

14. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I gotta a few New Mexico plates off of my yellow truck and my stepside if ya want them /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

I have one from oregon /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif last reg in 98

16. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

I got a VA plate i can send ya

Later

17. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

PM'd all you guys, thanks! You guys are cool. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

18. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I think I might have an old style Illinois truck plate.

19. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

might have an old NC plate lyin around somewhere /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

20. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

I can send you and old blue and white IOWA plate. Let me know where to send it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif