Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Garmin GPS V

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by BurbinOR, Dec 22, 2003.

1. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Who has one? Let's get this thread going - I may be getting one and want some info from someone who already owns this model.

/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

2. I dont have one but a guy I used to work with did and he loved it. He took it with us to Afghanistan last year and it worked well. He said it was worth the bucks. I also was going to get one. I think its the best one out there for the money, unless you dont plan on using it on the road.

Mat

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

I want one for both the road (with the turn by turn feature the GPS V has) as well as the capability to download my TOPO maps into............thanks for the feedback.

I have a Magellan 315 I use for hunting (getting back to camp after wandering the woods for hours) and it rocks for that but want one for the vehicle.

4. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

There's new software for Magellan GPS's either out already or due soon that has turn by turn capability and develops waypoints for you automatically.

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

For some reason I doubt a 315 screen would be big enough to make that worthwhile, and I wonder if it has enough memory to handle all the maps.

Thanks tho Skigirl............. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

6. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Hmmmm, sorry. Hadn't thought about the 315 and memory. I have the Meridian Color, so have memory sticks. It's my first GPS so memory issues never come to mind, having never dealt with them on different models.

7. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

I've got one. Works great. Easy enough to use that as long as the wife has the 9 year ol with her she can figure it out /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

8. rcpilot

rcpilot 1/2 ton status

Got mine last month and used it at TDS this last weekend. It was great... made camp as starting point and it tracked our wheelin and when I was ready to head back it showed me the way.. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif I have used it on road also and it will give ya the route and turn by turn instructions also.. best money I've spent in a while, except my Wrangler MTR's /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif....