Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

gas and brake pedals.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by riz, Aug 6, 2000.

1. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

I saw someone on here a while back with those gas and brake pedals that you can swap different colored inserts into. They posted a pic of something else on their Blazer but I noticed them. I bought a pair but I can't seem to get them to fit over the old pedals. I love the look of them but can't figure it out. Whoever it was could you please contact me either through this post or by my e-mail address so I can find out how you did yours ? I'd really appreciate it.

L8r,

.Riz.

2. jim82

jim82 Registered Member

riz,
    just a thought, but those pedals have the clamps on the back right? did you try pulling the rubber off of the stock pedals first, might have more clearance that way, ust my .02

3. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

Duh....I must be getting tired. I never thought of that. I just got in from the garage installing a rear package tray in my 65 Impala SS so it's ready for a car show tomorrow...Man was that a bitch. It looks great now though. I thought I'd throw the pedals on my Blazer at midnight when I got done.... I guess I wasn't thinking.

Whoever it was that had these please reply in regards to this ..... is it right ? Did you take of the factory rubber pads first ?

L8r,

.Riz.

4. CruisinK5

CruisinK5 1/2 ton status

I don't know if it was mine you saw, but I have those type pedals and that is how I did mine. After you take the stock rubber piece off it should just clamp on there.

"Have you driven over a ford lately?"