Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gas and Emissions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RatMan, Jan 12, 2003.

1. RatMan

RatMan 1/2 ton status

OK, I need to redo my emissions test this week and was wondering what the general idea was concerning gass quality and emissions levels. i have heard that it is better to use "cheaper" gas with lower octane levels to pass the test, but I'm not sure. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Oh, BTW, I failed the test on NOx.

2. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

some people say pour seafoam into your engines intake,it will smoke like a mofo for a little bit, but then clear up, or you can lean it out real good, talk to a mechanic, they will clear it up on that, my test is due in July /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. seslick77

seslick77 1/2 ton status

I was having problems with my emmisions too. Only diff. is I'm carbed. I THINK NOx is a problem with your cat. converter. If you look on your test results paper it should say what would cause your levels to be higher than normal. I didnt have a NOx problem but my CO was insane. I installed hotter plugs, advanced the timing, and dumped octane booster in the tank. It may not work for you but worth a shot. How old is your cat.? It may be shot. They're only good for so long. Some others may have better ideas for ya. This emission crap is becomeing more and more of an issue.