Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

gas boycott

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by nc87k5, May 14, 2004.

1. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

has anyone seen the email with the gas boycott for May 19th?

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Yeah, but it ain't gonna work.... /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

3. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

No /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

whats the point?

youll just hold off for one day double up the next

if you want to really get at them, stop driving for a month

5. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

I guy mentioned it to me today. You see all those vehicles on the freeway...that's because "thiers a whole lot of consuming going on out there" ie. COMMERCE. You want to eat, your going to drive to work. Hey, driving is my work. And thinking. Sometimes. Frankly, It is un-American that we have to pay more than a dollar per gallon for fuel.Hey, this is America; Land of the free, home of the brave, and home of 8 mpg fullsize Chevy's. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif87 Burb/350TBI/TH400/NP205/D60/14BFF/Powerlock-Detroit/4.56s/39.5 TSLs /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

6. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

couldn't agree more with you all on that. right now, el cheapo is 1.87, I know we are lucky compared to some of you, but I just don't see why they are pushing for 2 a gallon for 87 oct. so much around here. i live about 3 miles from work and can ride a bike, but when you have to ride home at 4 am, it sucks! /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif just may have to if they keep climbing.

7. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

Yeah, if it keeps getting worse I am going to check into getting a bus pass. Thats if one goes close enough to my work.

8. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

$2.15 on LI, $2.30 in NYC for the cheap stuff! It literally jumped 15 cents in 3 days.

Wife gave me a choice last week; Boat, Motorcycle, or ATV/Quad (she hates the boat idea). I'm thinking with the price of gas, motorcycle, so I can retire my commuter car.

9. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

I'm seriously thinking bout gettin a bike as well. one tank could prob last me all week. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

10. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

that's what I tried to explain to my wife, if I had a motorcycle, I could ride to work and around town a whole week or more off of just one tank on it instead of what i burn in my K5 or even in my Nissan. she won't let me though. I got a half a tank of gas today and it was 30 bucks /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif, that'll last me a week, to work and back and going to a local city 13 miles away for anything decent to buy. reckon i'll stay home this week /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

11. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Yeah, mine's been against the bike idea since I brought it up last august when I almost bought a co-workers.
    But now that I find out she hates boats much more, she's talking about compromising me into a motorcycle to get aay from the boat... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

wish mine was that simple, I already have a boat and she likes it just about as much as i do. she keeps reminding me it needs to be finished with the repairs I was making, but since it's not ready, i can't go fishing and in return, won't have to buy that much more gas for someone else to get rich from /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

13. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

No wife, just girlfriend. She would wan't me to get a bike, but would rather have harley than rocket. I would rather have some type of chopper, but rice rocket would be all I could afford. Get like a cheap 600 in the cycle trader or something.

14. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif, know what ya mean. my brother has a kawasaki 440 ltd for 500, it's an 82 (?) model. been thinking of it a lot. would rather have it than something to lay across to ride like the crotch rockets.

15. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

It's just a chain email that has been going around years and people change the dates and stuff in it. It's pointless. So you don't buy on a certain day.... you'll just buy it a day sooner or later. Or if you avoid one station, it does nothing. Like if it was Exxon. Ok, so a refinary isn't selling their gas.... but another is selling a lot. They sell their gas to the gas companies who buy from that refinary. It all comes out the same in the end. We're screwed gas wise no matter how you cut it. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

16. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

I just officially paid over $2 a gallon for the first time in my life /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. I think it is finally time to make some tool racks for my cordless drill and tool bag to fit on my KLR 650. ^ gallons gets me 250 - 300 mi and i am a little heavy on the right hand /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif! $60 to fill the K5 for 250 mi, or $10 for about the same... As long as i don't have to go to the lumberyard for supplies I should be fine!

17. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

that or if it rains. i'd even ride in the rain if it was on the way home from work, but not going to though, it wouldn't make a good impression on my co-workers and employees.

18. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

best part is, gas quality went down the shitter. my truck pings with 89 octane /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

death to opec

19. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Almost hittin $2.50 here.

20. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

$2.03 today for 87. i read in todays paper it will be $3.00 a gallon in detroit by august /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif