Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gas cap in bed?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ramses, Nov 22, 2005.

1. ramses

ramses 1/2 ton status

Ive always wondered what years they put the auxillery gas tank cap inside the truck bed? Mine is actually the only one ive ever seen before. When I first got my truck and I saw it, it blew my mind lol. My truck is a 73 but my grandpa put a bed on it from a different truck probly about 15 years ago. Does anyone know any information on this? I thought I had a pic of it but I cant find it and I just put my bedliner back in for winter so I cant take one now. :doah:

2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

are you really sure you want to do that? from the time i've spent in WV, i know that in alot of areas they salt the roads just like they do here in IN (i spent quite a bit of time down there, as my family is from the Clarksburg area). salt and crap will get under the bedliner, and you wont be able to wash it out without removing the liner. this will eat your bed from the inside out.

having owned nearly 20 73-87 trucks over the last 12 years, i have yet to see one with a filler inside the bed.

3. ramses

ramses 1/2 ton status

It will be fine, I have to put it in from later November until about March every year because I sell firewood with my truck and its much better than tearing my bed completely up without it in there. I ran it last year and my bed is still in immaculate shape, and Rhino Liner is coming in the Spring so this is the last time. So has no one seen a gas cap in the bed before?

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

don't do it, your wife/gf will not appreciate it! :grin: :thumb:

j

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i'd imagine the smell would linger in the sheets. VERY bad if you smoke after a good night of { CENSORED DUE TO CK5 BEING A FAMILY SITE }
    :D