Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

GAS/DIESEL TITLE CHANGE

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by stephan van leir, Jun 18, 2000.

1. stephan van leir

stephan van leir 1/2 ton status

Has anyone ever changed a title to show the engine swap. I need to do this soon. The truck is in Colorado, but I would think that most states are close to the same. I just wonder if there are any tips or tid bits of knowledge out there that could help me out.

2. 89Jimmy

89Jimmy 1/2 ton status

In new york state, you just fill out a registration app. with the changes that you want and they mail you a new title. It's like the procedure for when you re-paint your truck a different color than the title shows
    John

So Much to do, So LITTLE cash.

3. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    1.) Contact the county clerk in the county where you will register the vehicle if you will register it in colorado. They will probably say you need a Vin Verification. If so any officer can do the inspection. They will need to check the title correction box and list the fuel as the new fuel. the form is then taken to the clerk and you file for a new title. No charge for the inspection and probably $6.50 or so for the new title.

2. If you live in an area that requires emission testing you should contact enviro test or the state department that oversees the emission testing and ask if you can do the swap. The test goes off the Vehicle Identification Number and it tells them what to look for in the physical inspection and the vehicle will have to pass requirements for the year of the body of the vehicle. Including the tailpipe test.

Let me know what happens! Thanks

70 jimmy

4. stephan van leir

stephan van leir 1/2 ton status

Here`s the deal, you guys are going to think I`m crazy, but I am installing my diesel into a 75 K5. The motor is a turbo Detriot Diesel with propane injection, intercooler, 4" exhaust, and a recurved pump. She makes 563ftlb @1900 @ 5500 ft elevation on the dyno. She also gets 18/21 mpg. Just imagine her at sealevel! So you think Diesels are slow do you! WELL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>see ya!

5. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    I checked with the clerk and recorder in my county today and she confirmed that all you need is a vin verification for title change showing diesel as the fuel and bring your title in and get it changed. If the title is in the current owners name you can do both the title correction and title change at once.....