Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

gas filler neck on older trucks

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by original balzer, Nov 22, 2005.

1. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

my 77 only has 1 saddle tank im going to add another one but in the mean time i need to figure out how to change the filler neck right now it the gas cap on the side style. a real pain in the a** to put gas in. 1 the nozzle wont stay there by itsself and 2 i have to pump it REAL slow or it slobbers gas all down the side. any ideas? i could get the door style and weld it in but im not real keen on that because it means more body work (bondo). but i guess cutting and welding are my only option. ( i know to take the tank out first ha ha) i was just wondering if anyone else has had to deal with this.

balzer

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

maybe..

I know of one guy with a ramp truck who added another gas tank to the right side of his truck,and used a "T" fitting ,and 1-3/4" galvanized pipe to join both filler necks together so he could fill both from the one filler on the drivers side..both tanks were also "T"'d together so both were emptied equally..no "selector" valve..maybe you could set yours up that way?... :crazy:

3. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

mine slobbered when I took the body lift off... I loosened up the filler hose.. but extened the vent line... when I took the body lift off the vent line kinked... and wouldnt vent good enough and puked all over :haha: