Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gas Guage problems!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TXsizeK5, Sep 17, 2002.

1. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

ok before... when my tank is full my gauge would read half. I got my new engine and the shop disconceted the unit. it would read all the way past full no matter how much gas was in. I got a new sender unit and it does the SAME thing... reads about half way when full. I dont know whats up... think it could be the gauge? Thanks

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

mine did the same thing...check the connection behind the gauge...all i did was tighten up the nuts that held the gauge in and its worked perfectly ever since.

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Hopefully you didn't send that old one in for that $30 core charge if it wasn't faulty!

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

you have what sounds like a bad ground someplace try making a new ground wire at the tank and check your wires all the way from the tank up to the gage

5. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

he bought the sender unit from a ck5 member i think. i doubt they'd have a core charge. LOL. later.

jacob