Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gas hogg?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MY85GMC, Jul 1, 2001.

1. MY85GMC

MY85GMC Registered Member

I have my sites set on a 1984 K-5...what kind of mileage do you guys get? Right now its about all stock except the 350 31' tires. Also if the guy said its an 84 why is there one head light with teh turn signal right beneth i have a 82 and 85 GMC trucks and they are both dual stacked lights

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

The headlight thing has to do with the fact does it have a Silverado package on it or not... it doesn't. If it did it would have the dual headlights with the turn signals behind the grill (like mine is if you look at a pic on my site). As for gas mileage it all depends on what all it has. Different combos make different mpg's... I get 10mpg on average... 12 sometimes highway.... so if you want fuel economy, this probably isn't the way to go. But if you want a awesome truck this is! [​IMG]

Stephanie <><
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.chevycagal.homstead.com/steph.html>http://www.chevycagal.homstead.com/steph.html</A>

I removed my quote so gay, vegetarian, minority, eco-nazis who love Jesus, nuke spotted owls, vote Gore and smoke medical marijuana won't be offend.

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I have an 84K5 (pics at the link below) anyway's for gas mileage it all depends on what setup you have (gears,tires,and motor) and if you have a heavy foot on the pedal.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://community.webshots.com/user/vwryda>http://community.webshots.com/user/vwryda</A>

4. bigredblazer

bigredblazer 1/2 ton status

I USED to get about 16 mpg on the highway, before my buildup. It also depends on your gear ratio, and how you drive it. I think I had 3.07 or something, they were pretty high. I get about 8 mpg now.
    Jon

5. MY85GMC

MY85GMC Registered Member

I'm not worried about fuel economy that much... it cant get much worst than the 350 i have now that gets about 10 1/2 city and 12highway..I've always wanted a k-5 so i figured if i burn this much gas why not get a truck i have always wanted...I figured its like a truck with a covered bed so maybe it would get better highway

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

If mileage is a "little" concern, go with the '87-91 models with fuel injection. I get around 13 in town and 17-18 highway.

"I am Republican. Not a baby-killing, tree hugging, land grabbing, touchy feely, hypocrite wuss democrat!"

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Your '84 probably has 2.73 gears, that's why it gets horrible mileage.

18 MPG? I'd give anything for that!

Your

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Normal highway is 16-17, I've hit 18 on occasion. That is why fuel injection is the way to go.

"I am Republican. Not a baby-killing, tree hugging, land grabbing, touchy feely, hypocrite wuss democrat!"

9. Jonathan

Jonathan 1/2 ton status

I figure my 77 gets 9-10 city maybe 12 on the high way. an 84 should get a little better.

77 Blazer, 350, NP203, K&N, 31-inch Cooper Discoverers