Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

gas in the Vacum advance ....... edelbrock 1405 ???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by twenty_below0, Mar 18, 2003.

1. twenty_below0

twenty_below0 1/2 ton status

Just built this carb about a month ago with bigger needles, spring loaded etc. alot of time went into smoothing the venturies etc. and it runs really good but the vacum advance had gas in it today . I did have it load up on me about 3 days after I got it on from a small piece of trash under a float seat , that stopped almost as immediately as it started and I got a filter on it , after that it's been flawless , with exception of tuning the rods etc. So is there some particules causing this ? Should I pull it apart or was it from that one time and I hadn't noticed it until now . All suggestions please /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

Where (which port) is your vacuum advance plugged into?

3. twenty_below0

it was on the timed port , as I assumed it was suppose to be . What causes this problem? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

4. twenty_below0

come on people help me out , what causes the gas in the advance ????

5. Lonnie

Lonnie 1/2 ton status

It is usually due to condensation from heating/cooling of the engine. The advance is lower than the carb, so this is a natural movement. I recommend putting a loop or (upside down "U") in the line to the vac advance. Fuel is heavier than air, so it should not get past the loop & drain back to the carb. Also try using manifold vacuum instead of ported.... it will provide better throttle response while preventing pinging under full throttle. (initial timing may need to be adjusted for best preformance)