Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gas line woes

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TX Mudder, Aug 1, 2001.

1. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Am I crazy to have done this?
    I have been looking and looking for large diameter gas tubing to hook my gas tanks up to the filler doors. NOBODY (Autozone, Hi-lo, Mom and Pop parts stores) seems to sell gas lines in biigger than 3/8" diameter.
    I had to get (cringe) two radiator hoses and cut and hoseclamp them together. Now I'm sure the hose will eventually gum up because it was never designed to come into contact with gas, but I guess it's a temporary (for me, that means until it gums up my carburetor) fix.
    Where can I buy some friggin hose? It good size, like 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 or so. I could measure it pretty easily.
    -- Mike

<font color=blue> At some point I'll be done building my truck and can actually go wheeling. Until then, I guess sex and alcohol will have to do. [​IMG]

2. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Check with NAPA - they should be able to order it.

Generic Signature
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

3. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

I got mine at Napa, they had some in stock.

73K-5: TBI350/TH-400/NP-203/14FF/D44
    Topless, doorless and no tailgate!
    Fresno, CA

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Worst case call GM : ) I had the same problem with our chain auto store (not NAPA though, didn't call them) I ended up using one off a wrecking yard truck.

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    No anti-theft measures on your truck? No pity when its stolen

5. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I have a Dayco hose at home, i will get the number tonight and post it.. I also checked around here and no one had any. Also try your local small shops..

On another note, I talked to a local GM mechanic and he said that using radiator hose would be ok, but I am with you and would rather use what you are supposed to.. My gastank had another hose section on the input spout and the filler door hose slide over that...

Mike

<font color=green>"It's like a sore dick deal, You cant beat it!"</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>www.geocities.com/emmettology101</a>

6. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

let us know what ya wind up use'n caus i'm fixen ta drop my tank and i need one to, please

7. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

try again man, some of these places are pretty dumb. There's tubing and hose, u say tubing there brain thinks tubing. I forgot where I got mine but they had it just had to tell them how much usually it's a big roll.

Like em big and topless

8. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

looked in me classic industries catalog last night and they have'm give them a try www.classicindustries.com sorry not clickable, they also got a good deal on blinker fluid.