Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gas Line

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JimmyJuneau, Sep 29, 2002.

1. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

I need to replace the metal gas line that goes from the carb to well wherever it goes to I m not sure where it stops before it gets to the gas tank. Nayways I need to replace that line so where can I get it at without paying allot of money or do I have to get a bender and do it myself?

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

well try to get under the truck and see if you can find it and follow it back to the tank maybe you will see were all it goes then take it from there go to an auto store like auto zone maybe or something?

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I had to replumb my entire fuel system when I put in the TPI. I found some 3/8's brake line at an auto parts store and bent it myself. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif But it seldom comes in exactly the right length, so you need a double-flaring tool so that you can cut the tubing to the right length and then re-flare the end. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

4. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

You also might want to pick up a cheap tube bending tool from some place like NAPA. I've replumbed most of my truck now (because I'm moving everything around) using nothing but straight sections, a bender, and a double flare tool...

5. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

www.lmctruck.com has steel and stainless steel lines in stock. Not looking at the catalog now, but I believe the steel versions, fuel & brake, were less than $100...

BlazerMan

6. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

the hard line from the carb goes to the fuel pump on the side of the block. than a soft line goes from the fuel pump and connects to the hard line on the frame. from there i think its mostly hard line except for a few places along the frame.

7. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

It would prolly be easier and cheaper to just buy a roll of rubber fuel line and use that from the tank to the block. I think standard low pressure line is about $1/ft which is all you need for a carbed engine. High pressure line for fuel injected engines is about $5/ft unless your lucky and the girl at Pep Boys rings up a 36 ft roll at the low pressure line price /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif I'm redoing my entire fuel system tomorrow too since all my line is getting pretty rusty.

8. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

GM used steel line for a reason. Use rubber line at your own risk, *I'll* never use rubber line where GM used steel, for any reason (tranny, fuel, oil cooler, etc) and I'd never recommend it to anyone.

Way too many vehicle fires caused by people messing with the fuel system.