Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

gas mileage for Chevy 6.0

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by merace19, Oct 8, 2005.

1. merace19

merace19 1/2 ton status

I am thinking about getting a 2001 chevy 3/4ton extended cab 4x4 that has the 6.0 engine. I wanted to know if anyone has any real world fuel mileage results. I will not be towing during normal work times. I may have about 100 lbs of gear extra. Will be running around town 50% and Interstate the other 50%. I know it doesnt look like i need a 3/4 ton to haul 100lbs. But i do haul a heavy trailer 3 or 4 times a year over 400 miles so i do. I just want to see if the truck can be my main work truck and retire the Cherokee i am using now.

2. Michk5

Michk5 1/2 ton status

Misawa Japan until December...moving to Wichita Ka
    My father-in-law gets 16 with his...

<Matt

3. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

I get about 15 in my Yukon XL, which is 3/4 ton 4x4 with the 6 liter. My only problem is that I don't get to drive it anymore because the plastic gas tank has a crack and they are not available from the dealer or the junk yards in SD. I might have to have a custom one built.

4. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

i put a 6 inch bds lift and 315/75r16s on an 03 6.0 hd. guy uses his for work (bed full of tools, towing a construction trailer). empty gets about 15-16mpg. loaded about 10mpg.

i know b/c he complains about the fuel mileage every time he has to make a truck payment. have checked it several times.

ryan

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Dad gets about 12mpg, his is an Extended cab long bed, with full tool cap, always loaded with tools, and he has a heavy foot.

6. gauder

gauder Banned

You need to call the 1-800 number for GM customer service. Your dealer is just to F@*&ing lazy to get you that tank!!!!!!! This is stretching it, but perhaps for turning them in you could get a free or very cheap new one.

7. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

OK, will do. The GMC dealer we bought the truck from actually said they might pay for half the job if they could get one. Here's the kicker. It's actually cheaper for me to buy a tank from GMpartsdirect.com (provided they could get one, they have a listing and price but can't get one)and install it myself than it is to have GMC do the job at half price.