Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gas miledge

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 85blazer350, Jan 4, 2002.

1. 85blazer350

85blazer350 Registered Member

Any estimates on how many k.m I should get each tank.85 k5 with 3 inch body lift 35s non lockup 700r4 rebiult 350.Also i got a deal on 76 3/4 diffs for 400$ would changing to 3/4 diffs make much of a difference havent bought yet but they have 4.10 in them or should i get a 12 bolt rear end and put different gears in it

2. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

The 3/4 will have more weight with the 14 bolt but I wouldnt change it for a 12 bolt still. Gearing does make a change in gas mileage also but someone else would have more info on that than me. If you are overly worried about gas mileage, get a honda accord [​IMG]

<font color=green>[​IMG]1977 K5 GETTIN IT AWN[​IMG]</font color=green>
    BUILT NOT BOUGHT
    <font color=red>MERRY CHRISTMAS</font color=red>

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

If the weight has you concerned on the rear axle change it over to disc brakes and will dump quite a bit weight losing the drums. As for MPG.... your really are not going to get anything wonderful. You can improve it by keeping it tuned and not gunning the gas. But like Paul said if gas mileage is a concern then you might want a Honda!

&lt;&gt;&lt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>&gt;&lt;&gt;
    Suck Fumes Ford Boy
    I'm in shape.... round is a shape......