Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

gas prices

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by arq, Apr 16, 2001.

1. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

I've been hearing rumors that gas may hit 3 buck a gal. anyone hear anything similar...

ARQ.

2. Roostr84

Roostr84 1/2 ton status

I heard that the US oil reserve is really low now and shortages may be in store in the summer.

3. 72GMCJIMMY

72GMCJIMMY 1/2 ton status

In California it is already $1.919 for no name regular. By this summer we probably won't have the electricity to pump it.

4. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

We are up to $2.03 here in CA.

[​IMG]

5. bub

bub Registered Member

It cost me $90 to put 18 gallons in my truck here in Iceland but it's worth it to have my Big Ugly Blazer to wheel the tundra!

6. ChrisM72beast

ChrisM72beast 1/2 ton status

Supposedly the price in Cali has leveled out. It still sucks but the one great thing we have over new car owners
    is we still don't have monthly payments, cheaper insurance, no smog test and registration is cheap. In the end
    I still think we got the better deal. Plus we get to go topless

7. BIGCHEVY

BIGCHEVY Registered Member

the price of gas up here in manitoba canada is 81.9 cents a liter for 87 octane. that is about3.72 per gallon and i've heard it's going up more. i really hope not. i get like 4 mpg with my truck.

IF IT AIN'T BROKE,YOU AIN'T TRYING HARD ENUFF

8. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

2.15 for premium here in Sac, CA. I just heard on the news if the state cant stop the rolling black outs to the cheveron refinery, they say there will be a gas shortage. Which means
    $$$ for gas prices. I know my K5's are going to be hungry if that happens.

If you cant go over it...GO THROUGH IT !!! <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.CaliforniaK5Krawlers.com>http://www.CaliforniaK5Krawlers.com</A>
    75 Jimmy 11" lift with 40's

9. 72GMCJIMMY

72GMCJIMMY 1/2 ton status

HOW MUCH OF THAT IS FOR THE CANADIAN GOVERNMENT IN THE FORM OF TAXES??

10. kristoffer

kristoffer Registered Member

Thats nothing!!!! in NORWAY TE FUEL COSTS 1,2 dollars for 1l

Kristoffer
    1977 blazer k5 cheyene

11. Dan71gmc

Dan71gmc Registered Member

It was $1.85 -$2 places in Nebraska over Memorial Day. Now $1.64 to $1.80. They are brainwashing us into thinking $1.50 is cheap!

12. californiak5

californiak5 1/2 ton status

It is pretty funny how everyone wishes it was $1.50 now, when just about a year ago that was way too much. It pretty much sucks, but what can we do? We might be able to get everyone to go to one certain gas staition and ban the rest. That way the ones that are not getting the business would have to lower their prices to get it and then the one that everyone was going to would have to do the same to keep the business. That would mean everyone would have to stick with it for a while thou, and I don't think it could be done. So far It seems that there are a whole lot of people that are very content just sitting around bitching about it then doing something about it. You mention a idea and all they do is shoot it down, but won't sugest one of their own because that would mean they might have to go through with it instead of bitch about it. The United States is a great big gas hog, which means we should have the power. But for some reason we just let the big gas companys have all the power. Maybe its just me, but it seems like when a group of people get together and stick together they can accomplish alot. All I know is this is going to either get very interesting before it is over or we will just end up with gas prices like they are over the pond. $5.00 a gallon.

Thats my opinion. Whats yours?

See Ya,
    Keith

[​IMG] <font color=green>Born to Drive My K5</font color=green> [​IMG]

13. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

The only way we're going to impact the gasoline companies is to have everyone make a concerted effort to do something we pretty much all won't do (and the gas companies know this): Stop driving. Not buying from one company at a time won't have much impact because the other companies will see this shift in demand and increase their prices (increased demand with a stable supply means higher prices). I'm certainly not willing to walk 37 miles to work, but I do what I can by commuting in a car that gets better fuel economy than my Blazer.

14. blazerman

blazerman Registered Member

I do the same as Steve. I bought a little commuter car 2 years ago when gas first hit 1.75 for the cheap stuff here in Sacto, CA. The blazer just gets run on the weekends. I know my gas doesn't really affect the gas companies, but if we all did it????

15. Tonka

Tonka Registered Member

Know what I do? Drive a Harley. It gets 40mpg and is almost as much fun as driving the Blazer topless.

16. Klef72K5

Klef72K5 1/2 ton status

They just anouced today a decrease in price. Read this!
    http://wsphotofews.excite.com/031/rw/Jo/og/t488200.jpg